OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scalarworks trijicon rmr or holosun 507c

Started by slave601, January 02, 2022, 10:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slave601

Going to be adding a scalarworks mount to my benelli sbe2. I really like the trijicon but I don't like the fact that you have to remove it to replace the battery. I thinking about going the holosun 507c route. From what I've read the holosun will fit on the scalarworks mount. Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks
"thinnin the flock"

ChesterCopperpot

I can't speak for the mount, but the Holosun has been a great addition to my setup. I love that 32moa circle. 16" at 50yds and 8" at 25 is typically about the core diameter of my pattern at those ranges. Love knowing everything inside that circle is getting touched. Also helpful in estimating range. They get twice the size of that circle and I know they're inside 50. I've got the 507c-gr. I prefer the green to red. I'm sure the other sight is also top notch. Probably can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slave601

I love me eotech which has the same reticle as the holosun. I just want something a little more low profile. I'm most likely going with the Holosun I just want to make sure it will fit on the scalarworks mount
"thinnin the flock"

Ridge Rooster

The mount is the best out there IMO. It is currently manufactured for the RMR footprint only which includes the Holosun. I wish they would make one for the FF3's. I have 2 of them, one on a Benelli Supe Nova and one on an 835. Running Swampfox red dots on both. They are RMR footprint also.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Jordan121787

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on January 02, 2022, 04:03:45 PM
The mount is the best out there IMO. It is currently manufactured for the RMR footprint only which includes the Holosun. I wish they would make one for the FF3's. I have 2 of them, one on a Benelli Supe Nova and one on an 835. Running Swampfox red dots on both. They are RMR footprint also.

Ridge Rooster

What's the advantage over a Sumtoy mount?

Ridge Rooster

No real advantage other than being lower. I have 5 or 6 Sumtoy mounts and they work just fine I just prefer to get sight as close to receiver as possible. The only draw back is the price.

Ridge Rooster

slave601

Only reason I'm going with the scalarworks is so I can mount the holosun sight on it. I think the sumtoys are just for Burris ff's
"thinnin the flock"

mrlongbeard

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on January 06, 2022, 01:16:21 PM
No real advantage other than being lower. I have 5 or 6 Sumtoy mounts and they work just fine I just prefer to get sight as close to receiver as possible. The only draw back is the price.

Ridge Rooster
[/quote
Huge advantage over a Sumtoy. The 2 middle screws are a keyhole lock design and nothing sits lower than a Scalarworks mount. I run them on several guns with Either Trijicons or Holosuns. Different grade aluminum as well zero flex and 4 screws not a slot with flat head screws. Best mount out there by far.

Ridge Rooster

Quote from: mrlongbeard on January 07, 2022, 04:59:11 PM
Quote from: Ridge Rooster on January 06, 2022, 01:16:21 PM

Ridge Rooster
[/quote
Huge advantage over a Sumtoy. The 2 middle screws are a keyhole lock design and nothing sits lower than a Scalarworks mount. I run them on several guns with Either Trijicons or Holosuns. Different grade aluminum as well zero flex and 4 screws not a slot with flat head screws. Best mount out there by far.

Don't disagree but for a dedicated turkey only gun and you don't over torque the Sumtoy they do the same thing. Now if you gonna take it off and on, yes the Scalarworks is a clear winner but for 1/2 the price and installed properly and no plans on removing the Sumtoy will be just fine. I use 2 scalarworks and probably have six Sumtoy's.

Ridge Rooster