OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Ammo

Started by Greg Massey, January 01, 2022, 10:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Quote from: crow on January 02, 2022, 10:49:39 PM
Quote from: Happy on January 02, 2022, 01:24:19 PM
I am down to my last shell. It's a goody though. Been hanging onto it in case one hangs up at 41 yards.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If thats TSS I think your overdoing it a little

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Which Gun

I'm sitting good on Turkey shells in all gauges. Lead and TSS. Just have to be right place at right time. End of season last year Walmart had 3 1/2" longbeards $15 a box.

the Ward

Quote from: Happy on January 03, 2022, 06:02:12 AM
Quote from: crow on January 02, 2022, 10:49:39 PM
Quote from: Happy on January 02, 2022, 01:24:19 PM
I am down to my last shell. It's a goody though. Been hanging onto it in case one hangs up at 41 yards.

Dude, you need to get that listed on gunbroker asap! You are sitting on a gold mine!

If thats TSS I think your overdoing it a little

wvmntnhick

I know a place that's got a really good supply of WLB's right now. I'm fairly set on shotgun fodder at the moment. And likely have enough components to do whatever I need to do for my lifetime and that of my children. Just need the time to sit down and punch it all out. Worst case, I'll transition to BP. Found a pile of bullets my FIL had made before he died. They'll likely last my life so long as I don't go punching paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeyman

I have two 12 ga. Moss...3" and 3.5". I'd like some Win LB 6s in 3"; can't find them anywhere. The 3.5" are easy to find. So I guess that's what I'll use; I have plenty.

Tom007

Quote from: Turkeyman on January 05, 2022, 08:51:39 AM
I have two 12 ga. Moss...3" and 3.5". I'd like some Win LB 6s in 3"; can't find them anywhere. The 3.5" are easy to find. So I guess that's what I'll use; I have plenty.

Same here, I have plenty of WLB 3 inch 5's, but the 3 inch 6's are very scarce....Like you, I have the LB 3.5 #6's. They will just bust up our shoulders a bit, oh well....be safe :fud:
"Solo hunter"

WW

I just ordered 3 more boxes of 20 gauge apex tss.   As in 5 minutes ago..

tomstopper

Quote from: WW on January 05, 2022, 12:08:07 PM
Do you mind sharing from where

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

HootnScoot714

I've secured 2 boxes of HeviShot Magnum Blend 12ga 3.5 2 1/4 oz. #5-6-7 for a paltry $39 bucks a box at Cabelas, Richfield WI.  Shoot well out of my 870 23in Supreme barrel with Indian Creek #1 0.665 choke.  Not going to spend one on a 'pattern test' though.  Golly.  Thank goodness I convinced myself years ago.  I will look for some Winchester back-up shells......they will turn up somewhere....fingers crossed. 
The first 100 years are the toughest...JPK

The #1 ABSOLUTE best call/vocalization to use to harvest a bird once he has answered (it's also unfortunately the hardest of all vocalizations to perfect) ......... Don't call.

crow

Quote from: HootnScoot714 on January 05, 2022, 01:16:46 PM
I've secured 2 boxes of HeviShot Magnum Blend 12ga 3.5 2 1/4 oz. #5-6-7 for a paltry $39 bucks a box at Cabelas, Richfield WI.  Shoot well out of my 870 23in Supreme barrel with Indian Creek #1 0.665 choke.  Not going to spend one on a 'pattern test' though.  Golly.  Thank goodness I convinced myself years ago.  I will look for some Winchester back-up shells......they will turn up somewhere....fingers crossed.

"You never take an unproven rifle into battle"------Michael Douglas, "The Ghost and the darkness"

WildTigerTrout

"Just remember your rifle was made by the low bidder" Me- former U.S. Army Infantry Sgt.  Ok actually I believe Gen, George Patton said it first but I like it!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Tom007

Quote from: tomstopper on January 05, 2022, 12:53:49 PM
Quote from: WW on January 05, 2022, 12:08:07 PM
Do you mind sharing from where

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Apex ammunition website. They have quite a bit in stock........
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Scored box of 410 shells today Federal 3 inch 11/16 - 7 1/2 shot and also got box of Federal 22 - box count 325 rounds for 21 dollars..

Gooserbat

I'm already seeing it.  Some I'm sure was left over from last season.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

M,Yingling

our local walmart has all gages of shells they get them in every week not many boxs of one size or gage but they get them just got be their at right time and decent prices ,,, our local small shops have ammo but for the prices they want they can keep them  lol
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey