Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional Friday 6/03/2011: "Praise the Lord"

Started by BOFF, June 03, 2011, 01:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Although I am tired,  my spirit is glowing. My body has groans, but my mouth makes louder praises. Not to boast, but to glorify the Lord, my devotional today is simply to glorify the Lord, and to praise him for his sweet Blessings of joy, laughter, love, grace, assurance, peace, comfort, and particularly, His Holy presence, which has been felt more so, this week. 

I had so many verses and scripture, which all seemed to be worthy of posting, but Psalm 34: 1-5 seemed to be more of a reflection of how I currently feel. Thank you Lord for being the reason and cause of this. I pray it may be relative to all who read this devotional.

Psalm 34

1 I will extol the LORD at all times;
   his praise will always be on my lips.
2 My soul will boast in the LORD;
   let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3 Glorify the LORD with me;
   let us exalt his name together.

4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
   he delivered me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to him are radiant;
   their faces are never covered with shame.

Thank you Lord, for your felt presence, and Blessings which overflow abundantly. I thank you for your love, grace, and salvation through your son Jesus. Thank you for being a loving God. Thank you for your protection seen, and unseen. Thank you for being the Great Physician, and healing those who are sick, hurting, and just emotionally drained. Thank you for your guidance, assurance, comfort, and peace. Thank you Lord for answering prayers, and still showing us, you are in control. We praise you Lord, and acknowledge all we have is yours.

Continue to direct each of us, through your Holy Spirit, in the directions we are to go, to serve you, and to do your will. Thank you Lord for the opportunities we have to serve you. Help us to take hold of each opportunity, and make the most out of each of them, to glorify your name, and follow your direction. Help us to be positive in all we do, and help us to continue to grow more like you, being humble, loving, and compassionate in our actions.

We love you Lord, and give you the praise, honor, and glory. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen.

God Bless,
David B.

mmims

May God Bless you and you Family David! Good Devotional!

Mike

BOFF

Quote from: mmims on June 03, 2011, 07:19:19 AM
May God Bless you and you Family David! Good Devotional!

Mike

Thank you brother Mike,
God is good!!
He already has Blessed us, more than we deserve!!

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

Roostem33

Amen David, great devotional!!!!!

God Bless,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)