turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your most expensive call

Started by ChesterCopperpot, December 31, 2021, 08:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Augusta

I don't have any idea what my "most expensive" call is but I have many that are priceless. 
Calls made by true friends.  Many of the calls didn't cost much monitarily.  Some were gifts and some were purchased.  None can be replaced.  The list of great call makers that I call friends that I have calls from is long and I thank the good Lord for them. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

neal

I paid $3000 for a cost call once from Dick Kirby's collection.  Actually bought two of them for a total of $5000

Neal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Sir-diealot

Enough to buy a nice macro lens for my camera.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeyman

$29 for a box call I bought from Neil Cost in 1979.

quavers59

I have a Turpin Box that,I paid 150 Bucks for. Teak solid Box and a Beech Paddle. Extremely  Raspy.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Turkeyman on January 04, 2022, 12:00:50 AM

Talk about a wise investment!  I suspect that if you decide to part with it, you will probably be able to sell it for a little bit more than that!   ;) ;D

davisd9

Quote from: Turkeyman on January 04, 2022, 12:00:50 AM

I got $100 to triple your money and then some.    :)

Great piece of history to have!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Yoder409

Quote from: quavers59 on January 04, 2022, 01:10:34 AM
  I have a Turpin Box that,I paid 150 Bucks for. Teak solid Box and a Beech Paddle. Extremely  Raspy.

$150 for a Turpin ????    :o

You better go to confession !!!    :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 04, 2022, 06:21:21 PM
Quote from: quavers59 on January 04, 2022, 01:10:34 AM

$150 for a Turpin ????    :o

You better go to confession !!!    :TooFunny:
I'm guessing a Turpin style box or maybe Billy Bob Turpin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk