OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your most expensive call

Started by ChesterCopperpot, December 31, 2021, 08:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

Quote from: Tom007 on January 01, 2022, 08:53:16 AM
Quote from: Yoder409 on January 01, 2022, 08:51:04 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on January 01, 2022, 07:39:48 AM
Quote from: Bedge7767 on January 01, 2022, 12:20:54 AM
Is this a trap?

Never thought of this, maybe the wives are monitoring this post???

Wanna know what's funny ??   My wife, most times, is my enabler.  She's even bid on calls for me when I was at work.........

:you_rock:

She's a keeper my friend.....

She's still here.    :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Quote from: ol bob on January 01, 2022, 11:08:06 AM
All I'll say I have a LOT of calls that I keep in a safe, and leave it there.

Just as long as you get em out and play them from time to time...........    ;)
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Spring Creek Calls

My most expensive, a 1990's Lamar Williams checkered walnut and butternut.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Terry

A Zach Farmer trumpet is by far my most expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitro

Quote from: Terry on January 02, 2022, 09:26:37 AM
A Zach Farmer trumpet is by far my most expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most monetary value too.  I'm in the same position. Rare and finely made Indeed.
Royal Slam 2008

ChiefBubba

Probably my Billy Buice Matched set. Not even going to say how much but if you know you know! lol. Will say I do have some that I paid less for and have gotten for free that have no price on them. Can't be replaced to me.  Bubba

Yoder409

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on January 02, 2022, 07:11:57 AM
My most expensive, a 1990's Lamar Williams checkered walnut and butternut.

Timeless classic call, right there !!!
PA elitist since 1979

Greg Massey

You know one of my most Cherished times was sitting beside Marlin Watkins, Jeff Mckamey and T J Jonson and we were all playing and handing each other calls back and forth between us, that day i purchased calls from all 3 of them and in my opinion these calls are priceless, sometimes you can't put a price on a call after it become your after meeting some of the best in the call business .. Same goes with Lama Williams, Darrin Dawkins and Steve Mann... You can get old school hens sounds and some new style hen sounds, some apprenticed under Neil Cost.... Sure a 30 dollar call will kill turkeys, but a 300 dollar call will also kill turkeys ...it all depends on what you want as a turkey hunter same with guns and shells. It don't necessarily take the best, but why not take some of the best, your only on this earth for one lifetime so do what makes you happy and enjoy turkey hunting. IMO

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

WV Flopper

I have ran the same world class for almost, if not, 30 years now. Did buy a Legend 2 years ago, but traded it for another world class. I gave it to my son.

Mine seems to be going dead and I am wanting to replace it now, and even add a Spec glass with it.

On a side note, been trying to get ahold or Cody Calls, tried phone "Left message", email, facebook. Anyone have any info on them? They doing all right?

Greg Massey

Quote from: WV Flopper on January 02, 2022, 12:47:27 PM
I have ran the same world class for almost, if not, 30 years now. Did buy a Legend 2 years ago, but traded it for another world class. I gave it to my son.

Mine seems to be going dead and I am wanting to replace it now, and even add a Spec glass with it.

On a side note, been trying to get ahold or Cody Calls, tried phone "Left message", email, facebook. Anyone have any info on them? They doing all right?
I think i heard they close the old shop and are in the process of building a new one or relocating ...

WV Flopper

Just received a message from Debbie, they do not have their new shop set up yet for production.

Greg Massey

Quote from: WV Flopper on January 02, 2022, 03:02:01 PM
Just received a message from Debbie, they do not have their new shop set up yet for production.
Thanks for letting us know...

Dtrkyman

I don't think I ever paid more than 30 bucks for one?  Fortunately I have been gifted from a few call makers themselves some fine calls that are not cheap!

All are Pot calls, basically use a mouth call 90 percent of the time, mixed with a pot.