OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fair trade?

Started by Dazzler, February 18, 2022, 01:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzler

TC Encore 20 gauge turkey barrel with matching forend
DNZ gamereaper IER scope mount
Indian Creek .555 choke
Nikon Turkeypro BTR Scope
2 boxes federal TSS #7/9

For a Ruger 77/357?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which Gun

Not in my eyes. That Ruger is hard to come by. Price wise probably close in price. But that's your call on how bad your wanting the encore and how much you like the Ruger. If me I'd keep Ruger just buy a cheap Stevens 301.  Decisions Decisions

Dazzler

Quote from: Which Gun on February 18, 2022, 08:26:13 AM
Not in my eyes. That Ruger is hard to come by. Price wise probably close in price. But that's your call on how bad your wanting the encore and how much you like the Ruger. If me I'd keep Ruger just buy a cheap Stevens 301.  Decisions Decisions

Thanks for the input.  I'm actually the one with the 20 gauge.  Just trying to get an idea of what the "market" is like for the Ruger.  I'm familiar with my setup, but just starting the research on the 77/357.  My deer hunting just got opened up to straight wall cartridges, and I've got a lot of ideas bouncing around based on ammo price and availability.

Which Gun

Gotcha. I'd love to have the Ruger for the safe. But not sure on using using it much for deer hunting unless shoots are close. Easy round to reload if you can find components. Good luck.

Gmed

If I already had an Encore frame, I would look at one of the .460 or even a .44 magnum barrels for it over any .357 rifle....should be able to find .44 mag ammo

sswv

get the Ruger...you'll thank me later.

Dazzler

Quote from: Gmed on February 18, 2022, 08:59:47 AM
If I already had an Encore frame, I would look at one of the .460 or even a .44 magnum barrels for it over any .357 rifle....should be able to find .44 mag ammo

I'm open to a .44 as well.  I just have a stockpile of .357 atm.  Trying to stay away from 45-70 ever since I saw the price for a box of 20.

Finding a barrel in either .44 or .357 for the encore is difficult unless you want to wait and pay for a custom job.  The cost of a custom barrel gets me more than halfway to a Henry lever action (big boy x is on sale locally but oos) which is also on the short list.  Don't mind a single shot, but in those plinking calibers I'd like a faster follow up shot.

Dazzler

Quote from: sswv on February 18, 2022, 09:23:11 AM
get the Ruger...you'll thank me later.

saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and really like it.

Happy

Just an FYI. The owner of a gunshop i frequent told me that Thompson center was closing up shop. So parts for the en ores will be getting scarce in the near future

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

owlhoot

What about a 350 legend barrel for the encore? I know some that use 350 legend them and they kill some deer. Some big ones too. Well she does, lol.
I always see ammo for it too.