OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: LH turkey guns  (Read 1337 times)

Offline FlCracker13

LH turkey guns
« on: December 24, 2021, 12:10:49 PM »
Any suggestions on a LH 20ga for turkeys. Yes I have several RH ones my daughter can use but I would like one that fits her better. Thanks

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
Re: LH turkey guns
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2021, 02:01:29 PM »
Few Autos out but very few.   Look into a O/U.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2021, 02:14:52 PM »
I feel the same way as I am a fellow southpaw, I would go with a single shot,or over/under like was already suggested or look for a LH 870. Happy Holidays!
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline badwolf

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 07:26:38 AM »
I have a Winchester sx3, safety is easily reserved to lefthand and no problem with shells ejecting hitting me. Very soft shooting  gun.

Offline 30_06

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Esse quam videri
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 08:03:33 AM »
My girls all started with a single shot 410. If they wanted to go bigger we then moved to a 20ga single shot or an Ithaca 37 pump.
If a semi auto is required all I can think of are Benelli, and Beretta in a 20ga. I believe those brands plus Remington, and Tristar if you wanted to go to 12ga.

Esse quam videri

Offline 2eagles

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 11:51:19 AM »
I shot left handed. My main shotgun is a Browning Silver 12ga and never had a problem with empties or gases in my face. I bought a SX4 20ga last year and have not had any problems. My left handed son has been shooting his SX3 for several years with no problems. I think your daughter would be fine with most any semiautomatic.
I don’t switch the safety to left hand either. I’ve learned how to reach around as I’m pulling the gun up to shoot. What bothers me is that if the safe is switched around and a righty borrows  the gun, they will probably get mixed up and not have the gun on safe. And I can still be safe with a borrowed gun.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Limbhanger
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 09:42:59 PM »
I have a Winchester sx3, safety is easily reserved to lefthand and no problem with shells ejecting hitting me. Very soft shooting  gun.
  Winchester just announced a left handed version of the SX4. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!