OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New Benelli M2 question  (Read 2134 times)

Offline WW

• The Boss Gobbler
New Benelli M2 question
« on: December 21, 2021, 03:05:45 PM »
If I decide to get a Benelli M2, will I have to put a sight or optic on it, in order to have a straight point of aim/ point of impact? I'll be shooting tss #9's. I've heard so much about having to put optics on Benellis to have a gun that's dead on at 40 yards. I've never owned a Benelli so please school me.

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
Re: New Benelli M2 question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 04:02:40 PM »
I’m gonna say with 90 percent yes you will..The tru glo gobbler dot pro magnum sights are great if you don’t want a red dot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 04:20:11 PM »
With the M2 it is the better of the Benelli   but it about a 50/50 deal.   Most will shoot high but to me that not a big problem unless it is crazy high.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline WW

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 07:37:52 PM »
With the M2 it is the better of the Benelli   but it about a 50/50 deal.   Most will shoot high but to me that not a big problem unless it is crazy high.

Can Sumtoy correct the point of aim/point of impact if it’s high? I could ship it to you if it’s something you could fix at your shop. I do not want an optic or sights... I’m old school with the bead

Offline Trkmaster88

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 08:04:45 AM »
My 20ga M2 was about 6" high. I carefully "bent" the magazine tube just a tad and now it shoots dead on.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2021, 08:53:26 AM »
My 20ga M2 was about 6" high. I carefully "bent" the magazine tube just a tad and now it shoots dead on.

:z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline WW

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 12:22:14 PM »
That's good to know. It sure is a crappy thing to spend that much money on a gun and have to "fix" it straight out of the box.

Offline Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 05:34:07 PM »
I’m gonna say with 90 percent yes you will..The tru glo gobbler dot pro magnum sights are great if you don’t want a red dot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I did.  Works fine.  My boy put a Meadow Creek Mount and Burris Ff3 on his and loves it.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline 7shooter

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 08:45:03 PM »
My M2 is good with bead but I went with the Meadow Creek mount, highly recommended

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2022, 04:08:43 PM »
All Benelli's come with shims. Raise the comb of the stock if it's not where you want it.

Offline Borden811

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2022, 05:43:12 PM »
All Benelli's come with shims. Raise the comb of the stock if it's not where you want it.

That’s not going to fix any poa/poi issues when you’re aiming a turkey gun like a rifle. For wing shooting, yes, it will help some. But not in a turkey gun application.