OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Any outfitter recommendations on a Kansas hunt?  (Read 1791 times)

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
Any outfitter recommendations on a Kansas hunt?
« on: December 14, 2021, 11:26:32 PM »
I'm headed out west with some buddies for a SD/Wyoming Merriams hunt this spring, and would like to pick up another hunt along the way. My hunting partners and I would like to go hunt Kansas. If you know of any quality outfitters in Kansas, please PM me the info. Thanks guys and good luck this spring!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Offline Jstocks

Re: Any outfitter recommendations on a Kansas hunt?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 02:22:45 PM »
http://hickorycreekoutfitter.com/index.php/hunt-packages/#

I had a great hunt with these guys several years ago.

If anyone tries to put you on an outfitter that hunts multiple states, or that’s not really an outfitter but claims they outfit in the center of the state, then pm me first. I can potentially save you some trouble from 2 poor experiences in this part of the country.

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 07:07:40 AM »
PM sent :turkey2:

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 05:07:48 AM »
Thank you. There seem to be a lot more "guides" out there than one would think. 

Offline husker

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 02:41:09 PM »
What part of Kansas?   I live in and hunt SE Nebraska, but I know the NE part of Kansas has a lot of public land and a good number of birds.   From when I've been there, I've hardly seen anyone.   Just food for thought if you don't want to pay a guide.   

Offline slicksbeagles1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 08:16:04 PM »
RutnNStrutn you trolln again

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 08:22:33 PM »
Bird numbers are down and pressure is up, Kansas is hardly the destination turkey state it once was. Taking anyone's word for saying bird numbers are good and pressure is low on public land nearly anywhere in the country is likely lying.

If you're dead set on hunting the state and concerned about having success pay to get on private.

Offline husker

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2021, 11:39:30 AM »
Bird numbers are down and pressure is up, Kansas is hardly the destination turkey state it once was. Taking anyone's word for saying bird numbers are good and pressure is low on public land nearly anywhere in the country is likely lying.

If you're dead set on hunting the state and concerned about having success pay to get on private.

I have no reason whatsoever to "lie" if that's what you were implying by my comment.  From the area I hunt, I can spit into Kansas and I had good success this past Spring with good numbers of birds  Obviously, your experience might be quite different from mine, but that doesn't mean that I am lying.  I don't have a horse in this race, just trying to help the guy out.  If he wants to pay to hunt, more power to him. 

Offline nativeks

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2022, 04:01:22 PM »
You okay with one bird or do you need 2.

Offline chrmayo

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2022, 09:01:43 AM »
Jim Gourley at Setterdogs we have used him 5 times. He goes above and beyond to get you on birds.
-MAYO-