turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mouth Call Recommendations

Started by Paladin85, January 27, 2022, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin85

I'm wanting to get back into using some mouth calls after many years of solely using trumpets. I've enjoyed Hooks Swindler, Hooks Executioner 2 and Shane Simpson's Prodigy L in the past with success. I might order more of them to start practicing soon. My air channel is left of center so I tend to do better with reverse combo cuts though I can still run split V and Ghost cuts too. What mouth calls would you recommend I try this season?

rakkin6

I  have come to realize that it is all about for for me. Store bought I like Woodhaven Red Wasp and Toxic Orange. Gooserbat, Houndstooth, Came Creek and Sadler McGraw are all good.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

ChesterCopperpot

Same air flow and tend to run reverse combos best. Only call I run anymore is a Gooserbat Soul Sister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 27, 2022, 02:51:57 PM
Same air flow and tend to run reverse combos best. Only call I run anymore is a Gooserbat Soul Sister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agreed:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Paladin85

Many thanks for the helpful responses. I'm heading to Gooserbat's website to order some Soul Sisters.

EZ

Billy Martin (Perrytrails on here) will fix ya up.

Paladin85

Thanks guys! Just ordered Gooserbat's SS and contacted Perrytrails.

Gooserbat

Quote from: Paladin85 on January 27, 2022, 03:34:35 PM
Thanks guys! Just ordered Gooserbat's SS and contacted Perrytrails.

Shipped 1/27
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Paladin85

Wow! Gooserbat's calls were delivered today! I really like the Soul Sister mouth call!

Yoder409

Sam makes QUALITY stuff !!!!!!!!!!

:z-winnersmiley:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Crghss

I like Gooserbat also, good purchase.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

GunRunner

Hook's is hard to beat in my book and their smaller frames fit me better.

GunRunner