OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New 2022 Turkey vests

Started by kytrkyhntr, November 28, 2021, 01:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simpzenith

I quit using vests altogether. Best thing I've done in a while. I use a tactical fanny pack for the few items that I do carry.

aclawrence

Shane does that mean you carry your Glock 19 in there with your mouth calls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simpzenith

Quote from: aclawrence on January 09, 2022, 08:32:12 AM
Shane does that mean you carry your Glock 19 in there with your mouth calls?

Nah, just my face paint.  ;D

Dtrkyman

I have a Cabelas cushion, not great.

I ditch the vest on some occasions, it is quite nice.  The RNG200 is quite minimal though.

Meleagris gallopavo

Last year I thought I was gonna need a butt transplant after sitting on vest cushions so much.  2022 is gonna see me toting a Glenda Green minimalist satchel and a damned turkey chair.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

WV Flopper

Stop lying to yourself, it's a MURSE!

Been using an Elite 3 I think, for the last 3 years. It has a good cushion but will slide on steep ground.

I need to go to a multi pocket fanny pack. Same as the LGBTQ people use but in camo. It's a fanny pack regardless. Ain't sure how to combat the seat portion yet. I like a seat and am not carrying a chair around all season. I also do really like the game bag to pack out a turkey.

If there were a perfect vest for me this year, I would change my mind next year.

aclawrence

Glenda's inner tube seat is pretty nice but I just used the seat on my vest last year. I've been using the inner tube seat a good bit this deer season though.

spiggy2

Quote from: aclawrence on January 10, 2022, 08:37:30 PM
Glenda's inner tube seat is pretty nice but I just used the seat on my vest last year. I've been using the inner tube seat a good bit this deer season though.

How does her inner tube seat feel compared to a traditional seat on a turkey vest? Thinking about getting one from her and sewing on some elastic to be similar to the speed seat on the cabelas vest

"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

aclawrence

It's really nice if your sitting in a flat spot. It's sits a little higher than a typical vest seat. I've found it's not quite as good if there's a little slope around the tree base because it will want to slide downhill. I may give it a try this season and see how it works out.

turkeykiller22

Quote from: aclawrence on January 07, 2022, 09:07:03 PM
I'll say I don't know why they don't just give up on those stupid box call pockets. They never fit and who really want to carry their box call in that location. I'd like to see companies start making more practical decisions on their layout. Make a pocket for a pruning shear or a range finder or a thermacell. If they'd let a couple of these guys that hunt every day of the season get together with the design team they could probably make something decent. Oh yeah and the seat. Somebody should be able to figure that out by now. I shouldn't have to make a speed seat mod on a $150 dollar vest. If you use magnets use some that actually work. I can never reach the dang seat buckles back behind me. Ok rant over lol. Whatever happened to that new vest company that came out last year? I think they were in Alabama.

I would love to chat and hear your thoughts on a vest would need to be perfect. I don't hunt every day but I hunt a good bit.

Not bragging on the butt cushion but I sourced the densest memory foam I could find when designing my vest and thats why I sell it on each one.

Drew

Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Gobble Nole

I will say this...

I have looked at vests each year, and for the most part they all suck. 

I currently am using the Will Primos Signature vest and I actually love it.  It have everything I need, its super comfortable, with my biggest concern revolving around durability. 

I would love to see a Badlands vest as I am a big fan of their products. 

RED NECK

Quote from: Gobble Nole on January 11, 2022, 11:24:46 AM
I will say this...

I have looked at vests each year, and for the most part they all suck. 

I currently am using the Will Primos Signature vest and I actually love it.  It have everything I need, its super comfortable, with my biggest concern revolving around durability. 

I would love to see a Badlands vest as I am a big fan of their products.
https://www.badlandsgear.com/products/turkey-vest

I had one, I am picky and I sent it back. It just wasn't for me.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

Do you find the Will Primos vest heavy and bulky?,is it a flimsy material? I am debating on testing one out.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Gobble Nole

My opinions of the vest are a follows. 

Well thought out.  There are a few bells and whistles that I have no use for.  I do not find it bulky but I am 6'4" and 260 lbs.  I am a big dude and I have plenty with and around me when I am hunting.  The vest is fairly streamlined and quick to move in the woods, agile for the most part. 

I do not find it flimsy.  In the past If I have had seams begin to wear out, I will over stitch them with Power Pro fishing line.  So far I have not had to do that...

Again, I was burned with the Rocker vest.  I liked it but absolute piece of junk.  So I am just waiting for this one to blow up.  But so far I am happy with it. 

Hopefully I get 10 years out of it and many hours in the turkey woods. 

bobk

I have wore a Russell Outdoors Limbhanger Vest for many years. Purchased a Primos Signature  Vest for last years season. I found it to be a very comfortable vest that was well designed and constructed.
I am 6'5" and 250#  and found the seat cushion to be very comfortable.