OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New 2022 Turkey vests

Started by kytrkyhntr, November 28, 2021, 01:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

A turkey vest is only as good as the butt cushion.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

kytrkyhntr

I love the look of that ol Tom vest, I have heard from someone who would know that it is super light and well made
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

aclawrence

I would just like to say that I always enjoy following along with your search for the perfect best. It's like everything else we probably need a couple different options for different scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aclawrence

I'll say I don't know why they don't just give up on those stupid box call pockets. They never fit and who really want to carry their box call in that location. I'd like to see companies start making more practical decisions on their layout. Make a pocket for a pruning shear or a range finder or a thermacell. If they'd let a couple of these guys that hunt every day of the season get together with the design team they could probably make something decent. Oh yeah and the seat. Somebody should be able to figure that out by now. I shouldn't have to make a speed seat mod on a $150 dollar vest. If you use magnets use some that actually work. I can never reach the dang seat buckles back behind me. Ok rant over lol. Whatever happened to that new vest company that came out last year? I think they were in Alabama.

RED NECK

I see I can buy the Will Primos vest up here now,online of course but is it the same crap quality as their Rocker vest? I assume It is,but It is something I havent tried yet.  I ordered the rng 100 and it got destroyed on its way here from amazon,said it was undeliverable and I got frustrated and told them to shove the replacement where the sun didn't shine,as I wanted it for a gift for christmas and I have had 5 issues with amazon the last 3 months and never had a single issue the last 8 years. Its almost like they never really had the items I ordered. They are all a bunch of immigrants when you try and contact them and none ever speak english,either ghetto or Chinese, truth hurts.

I still want to try the Rng 100, Ill eventually break down and order it from amazon as my urges will be too much for me to constrain myself,It is the time of year to start shopping for the best time of the year.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

I do not believe they will ever build a turkey vest that is perfect,at least not in my lifetime and I am 41,42 in a few months. I don't think it can be done. Too many variables and everyone likes something different. I used to want to carry as much as Santa does in his sack,now I just want to carry what I need which, is what some others have stated, a few calls but mostly pockets for other items like rangefinder,water bottle holder,pruners etc. I didn't even run any calls last spring after a few days other than mouthcalls.It felt great after the first few days to not be hauling around the kitchen sink but I still want to carry my "neccessities"

I did find a seat that is perfect,I bought a heated seat from tidwe for bowhunting and it keeps your  warm in -25 and has 3 different heat levels and runs off a power bar you charge. I will be toting it around in early season to put on my chair and sit, early season it can be -10 to -15 in the mornings.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 07, 2022, 06:11:30 PM
100%

Tom007

Quote from: aclawrence on January 07, 2022, 09:07:03 PM
I'll say I don't know why they don't just give up on those stupid box call pockets. They never fit and who really want to carry their box call in that location. I'd like to see companies start making more practical decisions on their layout. Make a pocket for a pruning shear or a range finder or a thermacell. If they'd let a couple of these guys that hunt every day of the season get together with the design team they could probably make something decent. Oh yeah and the seat. Somebody should be able to figure that out by now. I shouldn't have to make a speed seat mod on a $150 dollar vest. If you use magnets use some that actually work. I can never reach the dang seat buckles back behind me. Ok rant over lol. Whatever happened to that new vest company that came out last year? I think they were in Alabama.

Grounded? I think they are still around? Vest was pretty nice....

"Solo hunter"

Dtrkyman

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on January 08, 2022, 03:04:13 AM
100%

What one has a decent cushion? 

tomstopper

Quote from: Dtrkyman on January 08, 2022, 09:31:40 AM
Quote from: Mossberg90MN on January 08, 2022, 03:04:13 AM
100%

What one has a decent cushion?
I have never had an issue with my tact tatr 2 from Cabela's

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

kytrkyhntr

Cabelas TATR has best seat I've found
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Tail Feathers

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on January 07, 2022, 08:33:05 PM
I love the look of that ol Tom vest, I have heard from someone who would know that it is super light and well made
I really like the look of it.  Two things come to mind tho, how heavy are those shoulder straps (Claws are kind of heavy) and no back pad?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

spiggy2

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 08, 2022, 03:11:08 PM
Quote from: kytrkyhntr on January 07, 2022, 08:33:05 PM
I really like the look of it.  Two things come to mind tho, how heavy are those shoulder straps (Claws are kind of heavy) and no back pad?
The Ol Tom vest has the T shape back pad that the other Ol Tom vests have

"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

lmbunch69

If the new ol Tom have a seat similar to the older cabelas one I'll have one