OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New 2022 Turkey vests  (Read 18399 times)

Offline spiggy2

Re: New 2022 Turkey vests
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2021, 01:19:07 PM »
Looks like Ol Tom is introducing a new camo pattern in their stuff. Saw this on Mack’s PW the other day. They’ve also had some pictures of the pattern on the Non Typical Instagram page as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2021, 02:43:27 PM »
Camo pattern going "full circle", it appears.  That is one of, or close to, the original woodland camo pattern that was one of the few that were available back in the 1960's era. 

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2021, 04:58:04 PM »
That looks like an older woodland pattern and a first lite pattern had a baby.

Offline EastKyGobblerSlayer

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2021, 07:24:56 PM »
I like to wear the old army green stuff as a jacket when its greening up in the woods. It really is full circle as camo goes and that wheel still rolls just fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline spiggy2

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2021, 07:30:30 PM »
The resurgence of the older mossy oak patterns I think have helped some other brands realize that the older patterns were really really good. OG bottomland is as good as it gets imo

"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Offline kytrkyhntr

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2021, 07:44:17 PM »
That’s pretty slick!
don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2021, 07:59:14 PM »
The resurgence of the older mossy oak patterns I think have helped some other brands realize that the older patterns were really really good. OG bottomland is as good as it gets imo

I love the older patterns for nostalgia and they are probably pretty good for up close turkey hunting but I think most of them turn into a big dark blob at a little bit of distance.  I do like bottomland.

Offline CodyF

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2021, 04:56:07 PM »
I’m making my own vest this year, that will be as close to perfect of a vest one can be for me, and I think I have an idea of a design that many others will like as well.

Offline kytrkyhntr

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2021, 04:21:55 AM »
You gonna show us anything or elaborate or you just gonna throw that out there? Lol

Offline CodyF

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2021, 11:21:03 AM »
You gonna show us anything or elaborate or you just gonna throw that out there? Lol

I’m gonna let this one hang out there haha. Since I don’t have anything to show currently and I’m not a big production likelihood is I may only get my own personal vest done for this year. I’ve messed around building some prototypes but really it’s all been practice and learning fabrics and stuff. I have a good idea of what I’m doing though and when I get back home from my holiday travels I’ll be putting together my vision.

Offline kytrkyhntr

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2021, 05:36:40 PM »
Awesome, PM me sometime. I would love to discuss it a little further with you. I have always been interested in doin this.

Offline Spurtaker

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2021, 10:45:37 AM »
Always interested to see new vest and I agree it’s really not the calls but rather all the other things we need or use.

Just wait. He's coming!

Offline spiggy2

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2022, 04:38:05 PM »
Ol Tom just dropped this

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2022, 04:50:53 PM »
Amazing that it took a company to semi-duplicate the Bob Dixon Vest. This vest looks good in the pics, has similar claw type shoulder straps, the magnetic flap striker pockets, the edge trim mimics the Dixon vest. Looks like a nice layout, materials look pretty good. Interested in hearing how hunters rate it. Ol Tom makes nice equipment, hopefully it is as good as it looks in person……wish them luck.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 05:03:12 PM by Tom007 »
“Solo hunter”

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2022, 04:55:01 PM »
The one thing I am looking for now in a vest, is one that is light and extremely breathable,Id prefer mesh,almost like a leafy suit top. I find vests are too warm once it heats up,the last few years we had winter conditions until the middle of May and then it was summer,basically no spring. I don't think there will ever be a "perfect" turkey vest, there are so many that are good, and so many with with great options, only to be saddled down with other options on the same vest that are useless and garbage. I have went looking for years and I am still searching.