turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Beware of Scammer

Started by Dhamilton1, March 08, 2022, 12:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhamilton1

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I posted a "WTB Federal 3rd Degree" in the turkey ammo classifieds. I got the following private message below.

Out of curiosity, I googled the phone number first to find a name and state for the person messaging me.

I found the following article from archerytalk.

https://www.archerytalk.com/threads/scammer-yink4boss.6068860/

Also, a screenshot from another gun forum.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220124/a7cc645e8ff9d6b2f9c38c67409ba547.jpg

Just wanting to give everyone a warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Thanks for the heads up !!!

We should all text a picture of our backsides to the above number.    :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

cpreeves

I also got a message from him on a wtb post. It was worded very similarly

RED NECK

If you post a "wtb" ad, anywhere on any online forum, the scammers flock to them like "u tubers" to public land on out of state hunts. Just a heads up, It has been an issue for a decade on all diiferent platforms, not just hunting forums.

I have dealt with close to 1000 different people buying/selling archery equipment,firearms and hunting equipment and I myself once was taken for $500.00 in 2017, if it looks to good to be true, It usually is. I had to have the RCMP and the OPP involved and nothing has been done in 5 years.

The guy that scammed me had scammed over 50 others and I was told he was over in Africa somewhere yet sent me a valid ID saying he lived in Calgary,Alberta. I am glad it was only $500. Be careful and do your homework, and if you feel "iffy" back out.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Roost 1

Press the "report to moderator" button and Shannon will take care or it... I reported one Sunday that was taken care of immediately.

Dhamilton1

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 08, 2022, 01:11:10 PM
If you post a "wtb" ad, anywhere on any online forum, the scammers flock to them like "u tubers" to public land on out of state hunts. Just a heads up, It has been an issue for a decade on all diiferent platforms, not just hunting forums.

I have dealt with close to 1000 different people buying/selling archery equipment,firearms and hunting equipment and I myself once was taken for $500.00 in 2017, if it looks to good to be true, It usually is. I had to have the RCMP and the OPP involved and nothing has been done in 5 years.

The guy that scammed me had scammed over 50 others and I was told he was over in Africa somewhere yet sent me a valid ID saying he lived in Calgary,Alberta. I am glad it was only $500. Be careful and do your homework, and if you feel "iffy" back out.
Thanks for the heads up on posting" WTB" ads.

Dhamilton1

Quote from: Roost 1 on March 08, 2022, 01:19:29 PM
Press the "report to moderator" button and Shannon will take care or it... I reported one Sunday that was taken care of immediately.
Unfortunately, I blocked the user profile and deleted the message. Habit I've developed when it comes to robo callers and scammer friend requests on social media platforms.

PNWturkey

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 08, 2022, 01:11:10 PM
flock to them like "u tubers" to public land on out of state hunts

That is a good one!

bbcoach

This guy only has 4 total posts and just registered last month.  According to the rules, he can't buy or sell anything until his post count comes way up.  Great catch on your part and Thanks for letting us ALL know.  I would hit the Report to Moderator button and this will be addressed.  IMO this forum really looks after its Members.

guesswho

Same phone number scammed a guy on GN as well.  PayPal info was charelsobara@yahoo.com
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

wchadw

Here's another. I check and see if they have posted anything worthwhile

davisd9

No posts and googled the number. Here is another.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer