turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What I’m hunting with this year

Started by lacire, October 27, 2021, 11:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lacire

For anyone interested here are two pictures of the patterns I shot and will be using this year. Benelli 20ga. 26" barrel, Apex TSS 3" 1 5/8" #9, Carlson's .555 TSS and .590 extra full, measured 40 yards. Hope this link works for the pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/kdt6BBJ

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Curtdawg88

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

crow

Looking good, nice strong hunting patterns

3bailey3

Fullfan

Don't gobble at me...

lacire

If everything goes right, I'll hopefully be hunting the tale end of our fall turkey season this month.

VAHUNTER

Good things come to those who wait

decoykrvr

Personally, I'd hunt w/ the .590.  Tight 10" and very forgiving 20".  I utilize a Carlson's .580, which isn't shooting a softball size pattern at 30, but a turkey killing pattern both close and at distance.

lacire

Quote from: decoykrvr on January 07, 2022, 04:44:12 PM
Personally, I'd hunt w/ the .590.  Tight 10" and very forgiving 20".  I utilize a Carlson's .580, which isn't shooting a softball size pattern at 30, but a turkey killing pattern both close and at distance.

What surprised me was the total pellet count inside the 20" was almost the same, I'd thought there'd have been a bigger difference between them, just shows you really need to shoot some patterns to see what you're getting. I did shoot a nice Tom this fall with the Benelli and the .555 with Apex.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

lacire

Quote from: surehuntsalot on January 19, 2022, 04:12:50 PM
good looking pattern
good luck

Thank you, I took a tom with it this fall and I'm looking forward using it in the spring.

Stingray

Quote from: decoykrvr on January 07, 2022, 04:44:12 PM
Thought about buying a Carlson .580 for my 20ga this year.

lacire

I think they make a pretty nice choke.