OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: OK, trumpet guys....... Need your help, please  (Read 3124 times)

Online paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
Re: OK, trumpet guys....... Need your help, please
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 04:35:04 PM »
Hey Yoder: Austin Bott's adjustable.

When fully compressed its about 6.25" long, when opened to the 6 ring its about 10.5" long. It will extend longer than that, but seems to me guys I know who hunt these run them from the 4 to the 5.5 ring.

At the 5 ring its about 10.25" long. They are easy to adjust, just give it a twist and push or pull, so Bott's adjustable should fit in the standard trumpet dimensions you have been given by others already.

The trumpet at its widest is about 1.2". Don't have a caliper, so I eyed it up with a 6" scale.

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline boatpaddle

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2021, 07:36:12 PM »
Hey Yoder: Austin Bott's adjustable.

When fully compressed its about 6.25" long, when opened to the 6 ring its about 10.5" long. It will extend longer than that, but seems to me guys I know who hunt these run them from the 4 to the 5.5 ring.

At the 5 ring its about 10.25" long. They are easy to adjust, just give it a twist and push or pull, so Bott's adjustable should fit in the standard trumpet dimensions you have been given by others already.

The trumpet at its widest is about 1.2". Don't have a caliper, so I eyed it up with a 6" scale.

Beautiful call...
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Online paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2021, 08:03:05 PM »
Beautiful call...

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Fortunately someone has really good taste, and picked a few choice wood blanks Z! The Ezolt lanyard is total quality too.

Love that pic from the fall woods. That Bott calls kee-kees super easy. Being adjustable, perfect fall trumpet.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2021, 06:18:41 AM »
OK, fellers..................... Appreciate all the thoughts, tips and dimensions, so far !!!

Feel free to add in whatever else. 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2021, 11:04:08 PM »
I found this on ebay, I like that it has the plastic cylinder for more protection. I put my trumpet/yelper in it and then put them all inside one of Glenda's trumpet pouches. https://www.ebay.com/itm/264844706981
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."