OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Good All Weather Kee Kee Pot  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Good All Weather Kee Kee Pot
« on: August 24, 2021, 06:09:55 PM »
I will be going to Turkey Trot on Friday and would like to pick up a good all weather pot for doing kee kee's and Kee kee run's as I just started to fall hunt last year. Any suggestions from any of the makers that are going to be there? I have my Merlin Watkins calls for decent weather kee kee's but would like something for rainy/damper days. Thank you for any help given. Picture with list of makers that will be there at the bottom.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
Re: Good All Weather Kee Kee Pot
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 06:24:19 PM »
Ask Tony to show you how to get a great kee-kee on that wing bone Steve. All weather too.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Good All Weather Kee Kee Pot
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 06:28:22 PM »
Ask Tony to show you how to get a great kee-kee on that wing bone Steve.
I am getting better with doing that. I had hoped to bring my wingbone I was making to show it to him and have him try it out and critique it for me, but with things getting packed up for probable move the bones got misplaced or packed up somewhere so I can't finish it in time. I know where everything is to finish putting them together, just can't find the bones. Great idea though. I would like a pot for doing them too.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."