turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg SA 410?

Started by packmule, August 24, 2021, 12:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packmule

I'm looking for reviews from hunters who own one of these. How do they pattern? Function? Thanks in advance.

HookedonHooks

I absolutely love mine I got this year. Patterned extremely well with 9's, but the 9.5's were also responsible for some turkeys death this year as well.

I had shown it to several buddies and even allowed a couple to use it as the shooter on hunts together. I did no convincing on my part, just allowed use of the gun itself, and now a couple of those buddies have since gotten themselves into one for next season already.

I cleaned sand from Mississippi from the beginning of season out at the end of season after being taken all over the place. No hiccups in between.

The only thing I do not like is you must release the follower and have a shell "floating" in order for the gun to operate past the first shot. I've owned other SA shotguns before and haven't had this issue, but it's not a real issue just maybe a small design flaw? It's similar to how you can "ghost/float" a round in a Benelli, but it doesn't allow for a 4th shell with the plug in because the follower is already dropped not allowing clearance for a 4th cartridge to be loaded into the tube. Maybe it isn't a design flaw, but rather a design to stop the ability to "ghost/float"??? Either way, I absolutely love mine.

packmule

Thank you for the repot, have you been using the factory choke?

HookedonHooks

Quote from: packmule on August 24, 2021, 09:02:32 PM
Thank you for the repot, have you been using the factory choke?
Factory choke, and the ghost ring that comes mounted were both things I thought would go. I was wrong, factory choke patterned better than expected with a buddies hand loads, and the Federal's pattern nearly as good when you can find them. The ghost ring sight I thought I would hate, but actually really like it and might even do some wig shooting with the setup this fall for early teal.

packmule

Really appreciate your insights.

squirrel_hunter

I didnt shoot the factory turkey choke. I have a Carlson and IC for mine. Mine liked the ninja 9.5. Going to try a jebs in it. Just too see how it does. Fixing to start squirrel hunting with mine.

outdoorsmen

Do the gosh ring and scope base come already installed? If removed does it come with filler screws?