OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Lonzo

Started by REBELYELL, August 12, 2021, 10:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

Lon has been making a few pots with painted soundboards and I was fortunate enough to get one from him. I normally only buy calls to hunt with, but this one is an exception and will go to the call case. The pot is East Indian Rosewood.

Candyman

310 gauge

Yes sir she's a different kind of "Cool"  for sure! No way I'm scuffing her up for the bushes!

3bailey3

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Greg Massey

Beautiful pot call, congrats

Boykin Hollow

You can't go wrong with one of Lonzo's calls.  Some of the best there are as I have several now

Wvgobbler

Beautiful call!!!! I spoke with Lon a few weeks ago he's going to make me the same call!! I'm about like you Jody I'll probably just put mine on display as well.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

bear hunter

sbbow

Very nice Jody!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Lon made these the same as his others, and that's to hunt. The young lady that painted the soundboards did so for them to be put into turkey calls, not an art display. Do them the honor of taking it to the woods on  fair weather days, and once you get a kill with it retire the pot to the display at that point. The call will mean that much more to you after, and believe me that those involved in the call will appreciate the picture next to a dead turkey more than anything.

They've been putting out a lot lately, and they often get the comment "That's too pretty to hunt". I laugh, they have created functional art that needs to be used for its intention at least once. This isn't some huge intricate hand carved piece that's fragile, it's a turkey call that's just a little extra special, treat it in the woods how you would any other valuable/expensive call and reap the reward when it comes together with such a fine piece. Here's one of mine from the same crew, it is now retired after being in commission only for a couple hunts before it sealed the deal.

Zobo

I agree with hookedonhooks only I'd never retire it. Congrats and enjoy!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Sir-diealot

Nice one. I only have one that I do not hunt with, a Jimmy Schaffer pot call that commemorates the NE Call Makers Summit 2 years ago which was the first one I had gone to.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

aclawrence

Nice looking pot call!