OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Browning a5 NWTF  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Ground swatter

Browning a5 NWTF
« on: August 12, 2021, 08:15:31 AM »
I have a browning a5 nwtf made late 80’s early 90’s. Only 500 produced. I have number 195 out of 500. Does anyone else have any information about these? Browning doesn’t even seem to know anything about them. It has a 26” standard invector barrel. Wood is a dark flat stain and metal is parkerized. Nwtf logo and some other cool engravings on it. Just curious when it was the nwtf gun of the year. Thanks

Offline bbcoach

• Double Beard
Re: Browning a5 NWTF
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 12:22:42 PM »
Maybe 1987???  https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=309950  You should be able to take the serial number from the gun and go to the Browning website and get all the info you need by matching the serial number to their codes.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 12:32:56 PM by bbcoach »

Offline Ground swatter

Re: Browning a5 NWTF
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 05:32:25 AM »
Yea, I’ve been to brownings site, called them, and emailed them. Lol. I even paid $40 to have one of their “historians” research it and type out a letter suitable for framing. They told me it was made in 92, in Belgium, with and invector plus barrel. None of which is correct. (Except for the year, I have no clue). Barrel says invector, made in Japan. So, that’s my dilemma. Lol, thanks for your help though!