OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Looking for some components to get started!!  (Read 1834 times)

Offline dustyroads

Looking for some components to get started!!
« on: August 10, 2021, 04:20:53 PM »
Hi. First post here long time follower.  I have acquired a navy arms inline muzzleloading shotgun 12 gauge.  I would like to set it up for fall turkey hunting.  I have been loading and shooting tss in 20 gauge and 410's for several years.  I would like to do the same with the muzzleloading gun too.  However I can't seem to find the  tuwsbl28wads you guys reference in stock ever!!!  Anybody have some they might be willing to part with?  Or where else should I look to find them?  Any help would be appreciated, along with any tips or tricks you fellas would be willing to pass along for a first timer!
Thanks-   Dusty

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Looking for some components to get started!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 08:33:03 AM »
I only have a small handful. I was waiting on a backorder rom ballistic products and after several months they sent me an email canceling the backorder.  I am keeping an eye out. If I find some I will let you know or buy enough to share.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 08:47:09 AM »
I just checked. All of the things you need are back in stock to load the "recipe"
This works with TSS or lead. If using lead you will need to make a volume measure including the buffer. The TSS must be weighed. I post the recipe. Check the threads below.

Here are the numbers you need to order from Ballistic Products:

Offline dustyroads

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 04:56:58 PM »
Thank you reflexl!!  I just placed the order and got all the stuff on the way. 
You mention putting the gas seal on the bottom of the wad before loading.  In the picture of the csd wad it looks to already have a gas seal on it.  Do the two seals "snap" together?  Might make more sense when I have the components in hand.  Another question can I substitute shot size in the load? I have #9 and #10 tss on hand to shoot now.
The navy arms has a poly choke on it, any idea how effective it might be?  I see you have your guns threaded for tubes.
Thanks- Dusty

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 08:19:58 AM »
What I found out through much trial and era is that with the 777 powder for what ever dynamic reason, the gases were bypassing usually on one side of the shot cup. This is probably due to the fact that the muzzleloader barrels are cylinder bore so you can load them. When they leave the muzzle they obviously become upset since the bases are not centered as they are on a conventional barrel. Recovering the fired shot cups shot without a gas seal reveled why the patterns were blown. Adding the gas seal stops most of the bypass and centers the cup as it leaves the barrel creating much better patterns. If you have a screw in choke to create a controlled constriction patterns are exponentially better.