OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Aimpoint Micro s-1 users?  (Read 1668 times)

YukonC

Aimpoint Micro s-1 users?
« on: July 04, 2021, 12:47:08 PM »
I am very interested in this optic but worry about the size of 6moa on Turkey. Can anyone that has and uses one tell me how much of the bird is covered at 40yrds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: Aimpoint Micro s-1 users?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 09:48:01 AM »
I use one, but haven’t targeted a bird at 40 yards. At 30, it’s real nice. The 6 moa is a nice size for me. I aim at the waddle, and see the head good at 30. Hope this helps……
“Solo hunter”

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 10:42:44 AM »
There are a bunch of guns the Aimpoint Micro S1 will not fit. I recently had to return mine because it would not fit the rib of my Winchester sx3 20 gauge. I called Aimpoint and they confirmed it was not made to American gun specs. There is an older thread on here where others had issues as well. I loved the size and idea of this sight but had to return it. Call them first and ask if it will fit your gun.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Offline Spurs Up

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 06:39:08 PM »
2.4”

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 09:16:51 AM »
There are a bunch of guns the Aimpoint Micro S1 will not fit. I recently had to return mine because it would not fit the rib of my Winchester sx3 20 gauge. I called Aimpoint and they confirmed it was not made to American gun specs. There is an older thread on here where others had issues as well. I loved the size and idea of this sight but had to return it. Call them first and ask if it will fit your gun.

100% correct here. This sight fits great on Benelli and most other foreign shotguns. I recently installed mine on my 870 Special Purpose rib. They give you several carbon fiber shims to use on various size and width ribs. The shim that has the right angle shape for the Remington was a little too wide to fit between the rib posts. I took a small file and touched up the edge, it now fits perfect. I called and talked to the Aimpoint Engineer to tell him what I did. He explained that that was exactly what the turkey hunters are doing to fit these sights on the ribs of the American made shotguns. He explained that the Aimpoint is made in Sweden, and the shims were made to fit most ribs, but they missed supplying ribs for some of the shotguns.  He sent me a bag of shims, and additional shim tool free of charge that arrived in a few days. He said that if I need any additional hardware or shims in the future, they will send them out free of charge. The carbon fiber shims are very easy to file and shape to fit all rib configurations. The sight fits perfectly, as tight as any of the factory shaped shims. I love the way this sight fits on the rib, nice and low. It is very reliable and well made. This sight is a great alternative if you do not want to drill or tap, or if you want the ability to move it from gun to gun. The customer service at Aimpoint is fantastic. Figured I would share this. Be safe…
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 09:46:28 AM by Tom007 »
“Solo hunter”