OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Reflex sights  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
Reflex sights
« on: June 24, 2021, 10:15:31 AM »
I got a bushnell scope i mounted to my SA-20. Decided to heavy. My buddy loned me a burris ff2 red dot 4 moa. I mounted it to pic rail that came with my SA-20. Light and a beautiful sight picture when i shoulder it. But i do not get a clear dot, yes a starburst. Maybe a green circle dot would work. My question is does the Swampfox have the same low profile? I think im on to something here. Input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Reflex sights
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 11:06:16 AM »
I would suggest the Holosun with the green dot.  There is a variety of reticles to choose from.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 11:19:19 AM »
I would suggest the Holosun with the green dot.  There is a variety of reticles to choose from.
After fooling with piles of reflex sights trying to decide, I think that 507c x2 is the best option on a turkey gun hands down. Red or green (I prefer the green). 32moa circle means an 8” at 25yds, which is pretty close to what most patterns are going to look like at that range, and a 16” circle at 50yds means you can use the circle as a rangefinder assuming most easterns are 32-36” tall; soon as the bird is twice the height of the circle you know he’s inside 50. Add to that the solar back-up and that thing is flat mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 11:01:34 PM »
If your looking to spend less than 200 dollars the Swampfox is awesome buy in the Kingslayer green circle dot.. It's just good simple optic.. I just got one and I'm very pleased with the purchase. You can also get 20 percent off with discount code .. SARGE20

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 08:28:36 AM »
You go with the 3 you can dim it down some.   I have notice with sights if you turn them up bright it begins to have the blur to it. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 10:08:30 AM »
Mount it flat with a Sumtoy mount. Turn the brightness down.. I usually run it on the low setting for the few hours in the morning. Then the auto setting for rest of the day. The starburst is usually only an issue with those that have astigmatism

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 04:34:42 PM »
Went to shop today and looked at a Holosun red circle dot. clear as a bell. It had a pic mounting plate also in box. As I understand some come with mount some do not. Not saying pic mount is the way i would go but it would be nice to have it included. Have not found a green one as yet. No Swampfox kingslayers local either. Im in the research stage. Thanks for input guys.