OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Not your normal Trumpet  (Read 3767 times)

Online paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
Re: Not your normal Trumpet
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 04:42:00 PM »
If you are trying to run your trumpet slipping it up under your face mask, most 3/4 style face masks are camo printed on just one side, and bright white underneath. Easy for them to get turned inside out using a trumpet or wingbone call.

There are a few face masks camo printed on both sides, and I only hunt those these days. One less thing to worry about.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
Re: Not your normal Trumpet
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2021, 06:27:49 PM »
If you are trying to run your trumpet slipping it up under your face mask, most 3/4 style face masks are camo printed on just one side, and bright white underneath. Easy for them to get turned inside out using a trumpet or wingbone call.

There are a few face masks camo printed on both sides, and I only hunt those these days. One less thing to worry about.
I have taken spray paint to some pieces of clothing that I have for this very reason. Coffee stain will also dull the white down also. The inside of the hoods on jackets or sweatshirts is mainly the problem areas, but sometimes if you have one only zipped up half way it can show the unwanted colors. I don’t care for really dark black either on the inside of my hood. It stands out in the woods for me and could possibly look like a bird to someone that is quick to pull the trigger before identifying their target.