OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: That's a wrap!  (Read 2796 times)

Offline dublelung

• The Boss Gobbler
That's a wrap!
« on: June 09, 2021, 01:15:48 PM »
The last update I did to the running score sheet is the final tally. I wasn't able to use the last entry due to too much time from harvest until posting the entry (rules state it must be posted within 7 days of kill). I'm not sure where we ended up overall but I do know we all had a really good season and will be looking forward to it again next spring.

Online eddie234

• Longbeard
Re: That's a wrap!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 01:31:10 PM »
Looks like we were 4th place with 550.589 points.
Looking forward to next year!
I’ll text y’all my big deer pictures. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline MISSISSIPPI Double beard

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 01:35:11 PM »
I really enjoyed this season, even striking out in Wisconsin. Good luck to everyone gator and deer huntin!
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 09:39:07 PM »
Had fun, thanks guys. I think next year I may sit out though, I have it in my mind so hard to get a shot with my camera that I feel all that extra movement could hurt the team by costing me a shot and I do not want to take points away from the team.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 10:54:48 PM »
Had fun, thanks guys. I think next year I may sit out though, I have it in my mind so hard to get a shot with my camera that I feel all that extra movement could hurt the team by costing me a shot and I do not want to take points away from the team.
Well teams have 12 members and can only score 9 birds, so don't feel too bad about it if you don't connect on one, as the other 11 can try to pick up the slack. 25% of the team can get by without killing one and not adversely effecting the teams score outside of not contributing for upgrades.

I will say if you enjoyed the team you were on this year, stick with it. The guys on our team have stuck together for a few years, and I can say that the team camaraderie far outweighs the competition itself and truly what it's all about.   

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 10:58:23 PM »
I really enjoyed this season, even striking out in Wisconsin. Good luck to everyone gator and deer huntin!
We flat got our butts handed to us, and mostly by the weather.

All in all nothing to complain about this season though, definitely a fantastic year! Looking forward to next year already, and seeing some dead turkeys next to our new team hats.

Offline dublelung

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 07:44:55 AM »
Well teams have 12 members and can only score 9 birds, so don't feel too bad about it if you don't connect on one, as the other 11 can try to pick up the slack. 25% of the team can get by without killing one and not adversely effecting the teams score outside of not contributing for upgrades.

I will say if you enjoyed the team you were on this year, stick with it. The guys on our team have stuck together for a few years, and I can say that the team camaraderie far outweighs the competition itself and truly what it's all about.

That's a fact! Some years you may be covered up in gobblers and the next year struggle just to hear one but the camaraderie is good either way.  Stick with it Sir diealot, gobbler or no gobbler it beats the hell out of dying again.  ;D

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 07:51:09 AM »

I had not thought of that, good point. Have to drive now

Sent from my S30U+ using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline MISSISSIPPI Double beard

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 08:30:01 AM »
We flat got our butts handed to us, and mostly by the weather.

All in all nothing to complain about this season though, definitely a fantastic year! Looking forward to next year already, and seeing some dead turkeys next to our new team hats.
The weather definitely didn't help. I'm glad I took a good sleeping bag! LOL
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 01:15:46 PM »

That's a fact! Some years you may be covered up in gobblers and the next year struggle just to hear one but the camaraderie is good either way.  Stick with it Sir diealot, gobbler or no gobbler it beats the hell out of dying again.  ;D
Okay, sounds good, if all goes well I will have at least one new knee and a repaired toe for next season.

John Koenig:

Offline Charley B

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 06:08:57 PM »
Damn!!!! I was unaware of the 7 days rule from killing to posting.  I’m sorry guys, I told myself to wait until hunt is over to post the best bird.
I’m sorry once again, that’s my fault overlooking the rules.
You did all great teammates.  I feel bad from being the weak link in the team.  I’ll remember that lousy rule next time.

Offline dublelung

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 10:24:43 AM »
Damn!!!! I was unaware of the 7 days rule from killing to posting.  I’m sorry guys, I told myself to wait until hunt is over to post the best bird.
I’m sorry once again, that’s my fault overlooking the rules.
You did all great teammates.  I feel bad from being the weak link in the team.  I’ll remember that lousy rule next time.

It's not a big deal, we all still had fun and get to eat turkey breast!  ;D