OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What a fantastic year!  (Read 1338 times)

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
What a fantastic year!
« on: June 05, 2021, 10:56:04 PM »
Gentlemen,

I again find myself in complete awe at the incredible level of sportsmanship and perseverance that this team has shown through the entire season. This game came down to a squeaker ending with Guns n Hoses edging us out in the last days by a little over 3 points for 2nd place. This was THE tightest contest that I have ever been involved in since I first started competing.

Members of note: BBR12 and 3seasons both had phenomenal seasons with 12 gobblers APIECE! This is a glowing testimony to their skills and abilities to close the deal over and over again on tough birds. Fantastic job guys.

Also worthy of mention is yelpaholic who knocked a gobbler in the head that wound up scoring an impressive 72.3 points. He knows where the big men walk and knows how to get them in close. Well done!

Today is the last day for our final hunter and therefore closes the season for the Roaring 20s. At this point each year I feel such pride in our team and the great sense of camaraderie that is so generously given and this year is no different. I am proud to be a part of this great team.

So, we killed a ton of turkeys, everyone stayed safe and we had fun doing it. That is a triple play to a  successful season. Stay safe until we group up again next year.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
Re: What a fantastic year!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 09:07:24 AM »
No bird on last day but a good season and great team. We have some real studs here and they proved it. We will get our day soon. Congrats to yelpaholic, BBR12 and  3seasons for tremendous seasons. Al Baker

Offline turkeyhunter91

Re: What a fantastic year!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 05:11:55 PM »
thanks for allowing me to be a part this year, congratulations to everyone and hope to be able to be a part of it next year.