turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Good sounding short box

Started by turkeystrut, June 03, 2021, 07:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeystrut

Fellars, I am looking to buy an Short Box and I am leaning going with Spring Creek Calls .
            What combo of Wood does he make a good sounding Box Call that sounds like an old Hen? I
            know some of you guys have tryed his calls ?So I will wait a little while and see how many replies
            I get on a certain wood combo.
gotta love the outdoors!

packmule

Every call I've ever ran from Mike is vest worthy. I'd talk to him about the hen sounds you like and the wood that he has currently that is making good calls. If he mails you a call you'll be happy with it.

Sir-diealot

Mike is a nice guy, I will be getting some from him before next Spring. Not sure what to tell you for combos, walnut walnut always seems to be a good combination from every maker.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

EZ

Quote from: packmule on June 03, 2021, 07:31:28 PM
Every call I've ever ran from Mike is vest worthy. I'd talk to him about the hen sounds you like and the wood that he has currently that is making good calls. If he mails you a call you'll be happy with it.

Truth dat!!!

I have a Bloodwood over Limba that's got a high front and nice raspy backend.

Greg Massey

Have Mike make you walnut over poplar.. you can't go wrong with that combo. 

paboxcall

Quote from: EZ on June 04, 2021, 07:44:44 AM
Quote from: packmule on June 03, 2021, 07:31:28 PM

Truth dat!!!

I have a Bloodwood over Limba that's got a high front and nice raspy backend.

And I have a yellowheart over limba that has a great high front and raspy finish.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

dantheman

Spring creek is tough call to beat. I like his walnut/cedar and I've had several blood wood calls. Hes working on another for me now.

2nd 100

Mike is a great guy and will make you a very good call at a very reasonable price . and Not to mention talk turkey also . I have bought a couple from him and always had a good conversation .

Techn9cian02

Quote from: Greg Massey on June 04, 2021, 09:27:21 AM
X2 Walnut over Poplar is deadly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KYTURKEY

shatcher

Can't go wrong with walnut over cedar.

btomlin

I have a bloodwood over cedar from Mike that does not get left at home.

yelpy

Quote from: Techn9cian02 on June 05, 2021, 02:13:00 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on June 04, 2021, 09:27:21 AM
X2 Walnut over Poplar is deadly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.