OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Will different brands of TSS pattern differently?

Started by lunghit, May 29, 2021, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunghit

If you have two different brands of TSS but the same shot shell specs do you think they will have the same POA/POI? Let's say you have Apex and Foxtrot ammo both 3" number 9's with 1 5/8 ounce of shot and use the same gun and choke combo. Are the chances pretty good that they will shoot the same? I know I would have to shoot to confirm but if you think they wouldn't be close I won't spend the money to try. Thanks.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Sir-diealot

This is just an opinion, but if it does with lead shot and it does with bullets then why would it not with TSS?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

lunghit

I never knew lead would pattern differently per brand of shell. Growing up duck hunting or even just skeet shooting I would grab federal, Winchester or Remington shells and just go. I never took the time to pattern those and never noticed more hits or misses with different brands. I was looking to try some different brands of TSS from whoever I can find in stock but maybe I will buy from
one manufacturer. 

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

owlhoot

Quote from: lunghit on May 29, 2021, 12:27:40 PM
I never knew lead would pattern differently per brand of shell. Growing up duck hunting or even just skeet shooting I would grab federal, Winchester or Remington shells and just go. I never took the time to pattern those and never noticed more hits or misses with different brands. I was looking to try some different brands of TSS from whoever I can find in stock but maybe I will buy from
one manufacturer.
It will pattern differently, may even have a change in poi. With that being said both will kill turkeys, just like your duck loads kill them ducks.

BandedSpur

Yes, they will certainly pattern differently and very likely shoot to slightly different POIs as well.

Dieselfitter

I have a gun that shoots 3.5" TSS #9 Apex and Nitro shells to the same POI as well as Pattern similar.   Pendleton 3.5" #9 Ammo out of that same gun shoots Low right and pattern is blotchy.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: lunghit on May 29, 2021, 12:27:40 PM
one manufacturer.
I do apologize, I was in no way trying to insult.

Sent from my S30U+ using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."