turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kit for making strikers

Started by Sir-diealot, May 28, 2021, 05:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I can't remember who I got them from but I got some kits for putting together strikers, basically a glue together kit type of thing but I would like to do some more. I would like to try to match some strikers to these two calls I put together from kits. I intend to make a second of the first one as the first one is a gift for a member here and I like how it turned out so much I would like to make another for myself. These are from the striker kit.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

hunter85

I don't remember if they have kits for strikers but brookside game calls has striker parts for very reasonable prices that I have played with and have had good results with even the pre-cut one piece strikers that you finish shaping the tip and coat with polyurethane

Sir-diealot

Quote from: hunter85 on May 28, 2021, 06:16:38 PM
I don't remember if they have kits for strikers but brookside game calls has striker parts for very reasonable prices that I have played with and have had good results with even the pre-cut one piece strikers that you finish shaping the tip and coat with polyurethane
Thank you, I will look into that as well. I am looking to do a box call kit as well, I did one last year and was very disappointed, sounds real good but the whole process of me building the kit was putting the screw through the spring and screwing it into the box. I had hoped it would be more involved.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."