OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Northern Scratchbox from Steve Sorensen Everyday Hunter  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Archivist13

Northern Scratchbox from Steve Sorensen Everyday Hunter
« on: May 13, 2021, 03:32:58 PM »
I've been turkey hunting for a couple decades and use mouth, pot, and box calls but never used a scratchbox. Considering adding one to my vest. The Northern Scratchbox from the Everyday Hunter is one I am considering. He's a local sportswriter from my hometown in PA so would like to support him, but if curious if anyone has experience with his particular scratchbox. Below is the link to his page.

https://www.everydayhunter.com/turkey-call?fbclid=IwAR1OXGS8CqoYakBjCh2h9vjFVC5R_9EjGD0zTw4pN0gL_8KX9KMBcS69cug

Offline MattM

Re: Northern Scratchbox from Steve Sorensen Everyday Hunter
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 03:54:47 PM »
I have one. It is a well made good sounding call. Like all calls you have to practice with it to get the best sound. There are a lot of good scratchbox makers. SS calls,Super Yelper, Gary Herd. Mississippi Scratchbox, Eric Rice and the list go's on.

Offline Archivist13

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 01:21:29 PM »
I have one. It is a well made good sounding call. Like all calls you have to practice with it to get the best sound. There are a lot of good scratchbox makers. SS calls,Super Yelper, Gary Herd. Mississippi Scratchbox, Eric Rice and the list go's on.
Knew somebody here would have experience with it. Thanks for the info.

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 11:35:09 AM »
He may have a different/new design but it looks to me like he’s playing it backwards…