OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SP-10 mag tube thread pitch

Started by Aaronsdmf, May 10, 2021, 09:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaronsdmf

First post here, awesome forum

Hey I have a tube that's damage and bent.

Does anyone know the thread pitch?

I'm pretty desperate at this point.

Thank you.

L

the Ward

:welcomeOG: Hopefully you can find an answer here. There are a lot of knowledgeable members that have SP10s. Are you going to replace tube or try to repair it? If you have a machine shop near you, they could help as they have good thread pitch gauges and they could tell you exactly what you have. Good luck, I hope you can get it fixed, they are awesome guns!

Aaronsdmf

Yeah it's my 3rd SP-10.

I bought this one off the internet.

Used and abused.

Bent magazine tube but then my dumbass dropped it on the floor and damaged 3 of the threads.

I WISH I COULD JUST ORDER ONE.

Diamond gunsmithing, midway, numrich. No one has any.

Old Gobbler

You may have to find a competent gunsmith who is a  machinest to take the tube off run it on a lathe and repair it
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Aaronsdmf

This may be helpful for some due to parts are hard to come by.

I purchased a used SP-10 that had been abused.

to straighten the tube I knocked in 19mm long sockets, you can remove the magazine cap with a thin
walled deep socket. Gently heat the tube, using a wooden dowel and pass the 19mm to straighten it.

The thread pitch of the SP-10 is 1x28 SAE.

Use a couple of strokes and lots of oil and slowly turn it onto the receiver and back off. Rise wash repeat.

I then took 600grit and worked up to 2000 with a wooden dowel from Lowe's to polish the inside of the magazine tube. Also used a dremel with a abrasive polishing pad and gently and a low speed polished  the magazine follower.

Put it all back together and the rounds come flying out of that thing.

Not pretty but the end result is this old war horse is back in action

LOCTITE USING 690 and never touch it again!