OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Leafy camo thoughts?  (Read 7382 times)

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Leafy camo thoughts?
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2022, 09:59:17 AM »
What color of north mountain do you guys get? Looks like the mossy oak cost alot more. I think k the woodland brown breathable jacket and pant looks the best.
As far as color, there’s always brown in the woods but there’s certainly not always green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lucky Goose

Re: Leafy camo thoughts?
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2022, 09:41:00 AM »
After 18 years without one, I take mine with me on every hunt now.  Easily bags up and sits in my vest game pouch.

They really help in early season, wide open timber, and when you get pinned down with only smaller diameter trees to lean against.   Get one that is easy on and easy off so you can at least take the pants off when you're on the move. 

And they are not all created equal.  Some are leafier than others, some are HEAVY and hot, and some have terrible colors.

This 'testimonial' for leafy suits sticks out.  Only small timber around and that bird was on top of that little bluff looking down hill for me.  Glad I had the jacket on here.

Offline Cottonmouth

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2022, 06:25:32 PM »
I just bought one from Titan 3d in Mossy oak breakup. Should work fine and has lots of leaves to break up your outline. $50 on amazon for the set.

Offline budtripp

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2022, 01:59:04 AM »
Whats everyones favorite firstlite color thanks

Fusion

I like fusion, but the new spector pattern is sure growing on me. Got a wick top for early bow season in this pattern and I like it alot

Offline jmart241

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2022, 06:20:04 PM »
Whats everyones favorite firstlite color thanks
I got the fusion, really liking the spector though got a klamath hoodie in spector looks real good against a tree

Fusion

I like fusion, but the new spector pattern is sure growing on me. Got a wick top for early bow season in this pattern and I like it alot

Offline Kylongspur88

• Longbeard
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2022, 08:46:03 PM »
Yes. I only wear a leafy top because leafy bottoms get torn up pretty quick in the woods but I do think it makes a difference.

Offline ClayR089

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2022, 07:31:42 PM »
I’ve never worn one and wanting to get one. Is it worth getting one with a hood? I feel it would hinder more than help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Master Gobbie

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2022, 08:41:43 PM »
Undoubtedly they can give you an advantage. But they're trendy and I'm not into following trends.

That being said, I used to talk against designer jeans until the wife bought me a pair and they were the best!

Maybe one day I will fold, but doubt it.

Proverbs  3: 5-6

Offline Lucky Goose

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2022, 09:00:52 PM »
leafy suits are about as new and trendy as the internet, but here you are...

I use the hood more than I thought I would, sometimes in place of a facemask because it casts a good shadow on my face.  You just have to make sure to wear a ball cap with it, otherwise if you turn your head, the hood won't move and you'll be staring into the side of it.  Could cost you a tom....like it cost me an elk one year  ::)

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2022, 01:07:28 AM »
I have 2. Only got them because when it warms up , its convenient to just throw on over a tee shirt. Best camo made is just being still.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline vthokie7227

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2022, 01:05:36 PM »
Like what's been said before, keeping still is the best camo, but mentally I feel more confident wearing an ASAT leafy suit. That thing blends in with everything

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2022, 03:47:22 PM »
I never used to wear a leafy suit until several years ago. Prior, I had been picked up by those pesky hens occasionally...they feel compelled to find that odd hen! Since wearing the leafy I don't recall being picked up even once. I generally just wear the top with hood.

Offline M,Yingling

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • In The Hills, PA
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2022, 07:03:59 PM »
i think they help  me i like the ones with hood ,, i use it for turkey and crow   i have the brown north mountain guide series with front full zipper ,,, i just couldnt see myself  being comfortable in pullover hunting ..just picked up a green one for standing in smaller chirstmas trees crow hunting well they had discount
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
 https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey