OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Leafy camo thoughts?

Started by DirtNap647, May 10, 2021, 07:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShootingABN!

I think it helps. However I don't wear it. When I wore it.... It got hung on everything. I see Dave Owens uses one all the time and he's in and out of thick stuff. I just can't do it....

Sanders153

It definitely catches in the briar thickets and the bushes.. when it's time to sit down and call though, if a fella has time to slip it on it is extremely useful

Howie g

Just another turkey hunting fad.... ok , I have two of em ????

btomlin

This was my 1st year with my leafy jacket.  I really enjoyed using it.  I liked it more for its versatility over concealment, althought they do provide a better breakup IMO.  I wore it over multiple layers all the way down to SS t-shirts.

Dtrkyman

I have a hat mask combo, thought about a leafy top but most of them aren't leafy enough in my opinion, ghillie top maybe if there is one light enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmart241

Whats everyones favorite firstlite color thanks

Sanders153

RutnNStrutn

I wear one all the time. I feel it breaks up the human figure, and the little leaves blowing in the wind help you get away with a little more movement. I've personally had turkeys almost step on me. It's definitely helpful.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

bwhana

They quit selling them, but I've had much success with the Quaker Boy Outline Buster.  Basically a super lightweight ghillie blanket with arm holes and a hood. You can find various ghillie blankets to do the same thing. It completely breaks up your human form better than a leafy suit. This thing rolls up to softball size and doesn't take much room in my vest.  It is also more comfortable in warm temps than my ghillie or leafy suits.

jmart241

Sanders153

Quote from: jmart241 on May 16, 2021, 05:31:45 PM
Thanks Sanders
Quote from: Sanders153 on May 16, 2021, 10:07:43 AM
Quote from: jmart241 on May 16, 2021, 09:01:16 AM
Whats everyones favorite firstlite color thanks

Fusion

Thanks Sanders

Your welcome bud. That's the best one out of the three they have I think. Especially for spring

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

kyturkeyhunter4

I love my North Mountain in Mossy Oak Bottomland I never leave home without great product.

TRG3

Regardless of the leafy camo suit you end up with, by all means look closely around you before sitting down by a big tree in preparation for calling. This past spring season, a roll of barbed wire lay hidden under the leaves and I sat down on it, entrapping me much like a mouse in a glue trap. I couldn't get up without using my knife to cut out portions of my leafy camo pants, resulting in it looking like a bad hair cut. Fortunately, I always set up a camo netting screen in front of me, so the damaged pants were hidden from any incoming gobbler. Regardless of how many years I've turkey hunted, I always learn something new each season.

outdoorsmen

What color of north mountain do you guys get? Looks like the mossy oak cost alot more. I think k the woodland brown breathable jacket and pant looks the best.