OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crispi boot hunters?

Started by DirtNap647, February 23, 2022, 02:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverBuck

WV Flopper

Had a pair of Kenny's sold them for 2 hundred, used very little. As far as I am concerned you could tie a board on your foot and do just as well with it. I think they were the mountain guide.

I have a pair of the Crispi"s Guide GTX, 400g insulation, 10" boot. Nice boot, a little heavy for long walks.

Just bought a pair of the summits, they are discontinued. I bought these from Black Ovis for 219$ I think. Almost a hundred off normal price.

Their boots fit me well, no issues.
Black Ovis has a few models on clearance.

rifleman

I have a pair of the Wyomings that I switched to from the Nevadas.  Their boots are fine for length but I find them to be lacking volume.  The Nevadas were far too tight and the Wyomings are are better fitting volume wise but still can't comfortably wear heavy socks.  I like my Wyomings but only used them last fall.  I do find it disappointing that they recommend and aftermarket insole for already pricey boots.

rifleman

Spiggy2 and STRUT,  I see that both of you have the Summits which I am thinking about getting.  I do have a pair of wyomings not in the wide and they don't allow for much in the way of socks.  Do either of you have the Summits in wide?  Do the Summits in regular width run wider than say my Wyomings?  Thanks

spiggy2

Quote from: rifleman on February 23, 2022, 08:10:26 PM
Spiggy2 and STRUT,  I see that both of you have the Summits which I am thinking about getting.  I do have a pair of wyomings not in the wide and they don't allow for much in the way of socks.  Do either of you have the Summits in wide?  Do the Summits in regular width run wider than say my Wyomings?  Thanks
I don't have the summits in wide, but they do fit a little bit of a wider foot from what Crispi has told me. I've had no issues pairing them with heavy wool socks when it's cold out with no problems with my foot feeling cramped or uncomfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

strut

I don't have a wide foot either. What I do find is the toe box seems a little bit larger, so I'm able to put a little heavier sock on if I want. Mostly just a light sick. But I am very comfortable in them coming down steep hills too.