Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Another .410 gobbler.

Started by Hayudog, April 30, 2021, 02:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayudog

Another gobbler this morning. Good bird but it's not an up grade. 1 3/8" spurs, but more typical 19.5 pound bird. Would have been a good addition for the team score.  They are being really quiet. Only heard one gobble this morning. I think , like Jim says, they're past the breeding peak.  Birds that came yesterday, only got fired up when they got close.
Next hunt will be northern Idaho most likely. Merriams, or mutt merriams... Idaho cross breeds. Have yet to shoot a really white tipped bird. Most are blush.  But they still gobble, so they count.

Deputy 14

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Mountainburd

Nice work! Send some luck my way.

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Hayudog

Took a couple post mortem pictures of the gobblers capes.
First thing, I don't need another fan to display. Every time I start to clean a bird, I say...I'm not keeping the fan.  Soon into butchering it becomes obvious that the skin is coming off in such a way the fan /cape will be good. So, stretching another cape and fan...
On another note. Noticed the gobbler had a healing wound.  Then noted a matching one on the other side.  Bullet had gone through him recently, just up from the tail, high on his back. Could be the reason he was lighter in weight to what I believe was a brother the day before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

You're laying them low brother!! :icon_thumright:
Beautiful capes!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Hayudog

Hope you had a good day too

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Hayudog on May 01, 2021, 12:10:34 AM
Hope you had a good day too

Nope. :(

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.