OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Nitro ?  (Read 1853 times)

Offline gobblenomore

Nitro ?
« on: April 22, 2021, 05:42:20 PM »
Wondering if any of y'all are shooting Nitro Ammunition ammo. Ive shot it in the past (12ga)but got away from it. Since then Ive read of some pressure issues and didnt know if they have ben corrected. Appreciate any input.

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
Re: Nitro ?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 03:33:01 PM »
Nitro and Pendleton both have had pressure spike issues.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline Deast1988

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 05:16:07 PM »
T258

An 7.5x8

No issues for me

Offline MattinIdaho

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 06:13:23 PM »
I'm down to about 6 shells from a box of 25. 1 1/2oz of straight 7's. I will move to tss when these are gone and not through Nitro. But I have 100% confident out to 40 yards with these through a Pure Gold .570. I would trust them out to 45 with wither a Pure Gold or Indian Creek .555 in a couple different 1187's or a Benelli M2. These were bought probably about 10 years ago. I've never experienced any problems with them. But I do know they bump pretty hard for a 20. And I've always felt like the pressure levels on them had to be very high. The only problem I've had with Nitro has been customer service. After the last box I bought I said that would be my last. Super super long wait on shipping with no communication. Maybe things have changed over the last few years. But although I have loved the product, I will spend my hard earned $ elasewhere.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 12:37:15 PM by MattinIdaho »

Offline DBuck90

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 09:56:37 PM »
I am shooting Nitro 8/9 blend and I have had zero issues recoil was minimum I called placed my order and they was ready in a week I love so close I just went and picked them up they offer a cash discount and they was great to talk to gave my daughter free candy and answered any question I had said if I had one issue give them a call also if I didn’t like the pattern they would change some things up on loads to see if we could get it better

Offline TheSportsman

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 09:21:50 PM »
I’ve shot 40+ of the 8/9 blend with no issues. Floors birds. No signs of high pressure for me in Benelli M2

Offline DBuck90

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 06:44:25 AM »
I’ve shot 40+ of the 8/9 blend with no issues. Floors birds. No signs of high pressure for me in Benelli M2
what choke are you using ? I am shooting a jebs 560 and it’s good just a little more open then I would like