Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Can sights be removed from Franchi A 3 Elite?

Started by Ondavirg, April 18, 2022, 09:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ondavirg

Has anyone removed the front and rear sights from a franchi affinity 3 elite turkey shotgun?  I'd like this shotgun but don't want those to be in the way of a red dot. 

Ondavirg

From what I can find, it looks like they cannot be removed. I may go with the waterfowl elite instead.

Gmed

I have the Affinity 3 Turkey (not Elite), but I am sure the sights are the same. The front sight hood is removable as is the front sight blade. The blade, which holds the fiber optic insert appears to be held in the front sight base by a small Allen head set screw. The rear sight itself is removable, but only the sight itself. Both front and rear sight bases appear to be brazed on permanently.

Greg Massey

They are not removable as far as the front goes.. like others said, the hood cover and fiber optic on the front is removable, the front part of the sight and i guess you could remove the rear sight but it want be in your way regardless... you will see .. as far as seeing the front sight i think it will have a lot to do with your red dot mount, mine is fine as long as i use the regular rail, pictinny mount with the red dot ...also your going to still see little of your front sight ....

JeffC

Will let you know as soon as I get a mount for my green dot. As Gmed said front hood comes off with small set screw, will either lower rear or totally remove. Just waiting on mount, think first 1 is lost in USPS limbo, ordered 2nd, hopefully have by this weekend.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

JeffC

Removed front sight, set screw for the front red fiber, then a few taps with block of wood and hammer removes shroud. Rear site has role pin at pivot point, didnt want to remove it yet. Lowed rear site then covered with a piece of electric tape, I could see reflection in lens of Holosun. Happy with height of site on rail for now.

runngun

@JeffC which Holosun do you have? I just got a 510c and I think that I am going to like it.

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

JeffC

507C-GR  its the green dot, love it, except for trying to get it to turn off. Big fingers dont work trying to push 2 small buttons at the same time.

Turkeybutt

JeffC The 507C-GR has Shake Awake which is a nice feature. I use it because like you I had trouble hitting both buttons. Try it out.
I have the HS510C on a Stevens Mod 301 and i just purchased a HE510C -GR to put on one of my other turkey guns. 

JeffC

I like to turn off the sight if I am not using gun for a few days, Yes sight has a lot of different programs, still figuring it all out, love the auto brightness feature.