Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thinking about switching guns for next year...

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, April 18, 2021, 08:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

So I'm always thinking about switching out guns.  I kinda feel like I need an upgrade from my old clunky 835 that I can't get to eject shells or feed shells from the magazine.  The safety is broken too.  Sent it to a gunsmith and they couldn't fix any of these things and couldn't understand why nothing they did worked.  Plus the gun is a little heavy.  I have not missed a turkey with this gun since I began using it several years ago.  It has a crappy OD green paint job from yours truly.  I imagine if I sold this old beast I wouldn't get much for it.

Now for the next part of this story I have a Benelli Super Vinci that I rarely use.  The gun was a parting gift from co-workers and clients 7 years ago.  I have killed turkeys, ducks and geese with this gun but I like my old original Benelli SBE I better.  So I'm thinking of selling the Super Vinci or trading it in on a Weatherby SA-459 turkey in 20 gauge.  I can't stop thinking about it.  I could take my Vortex Venom off the old 835 and slap it on the new little SA-459 and be done with it.

I just need/want some objective convincing either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Tom007

I love my original Benelli SBE 1 with a Satin Walnut Stock. I think yours will make a great turkey gun. They are light, and handle all loads. You can put a red dot on it using a Meadow Creek rib mount. That's what I would move to. Best of luck....
"Solo hunter"

WildTigerTrout

I really like my Benelli SBE I  24" Advantage Timber camo. It has done in a number of gobblers since I bought it new in 2002.  IF forced to choose only one turkey gun as much as I like others I own it would be my choice.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Tom007

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on April 18, 2021, 11:05:35 PM
I really like my Benelli SBE I  24" Advantage Timber camo. It has done in a number of gobblers since I bought it new in 2002.  IF forced to choose only one turkey gun as much as I like others I own it would be my choice.

Amen, a real beauty..
"Solo hunter"

the Ward

I love my Vinci, and will never part with it. That being said, the Super Vinci is worth way more than that Turkish made Weatherby. I would sell the SV before trading it, you would be a better off money wise i would think.