OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question

Started by Swampfoxforeman, May 08, 2021, 11:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampfoxforeman

Okay I have a question I have a ok'd Knight and Hale ol yeller sla-tek in the green composite what is it made out of ceramic? I have seen people say it is ceramic others say slate.

coyote1

I don't own that particular call but all the pictures I have seen of it look like ceramic. If the surface is a yellow color it is ceramic, it will also be a lot harder than slate. I'm not sure why they call it sla-tek unless they had some proprietary blend made for it or maybe they were the first to use ceramic in a call.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

outdoors

A ceramic is any of the various hard, brittle, heat-resistant and corrosion-resistant materials made by shaping and then firing a nonmetallic mineral, such as clay, at a high temperature.
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mmclain

Quote from: Swampfoxforeman on May 08, 2021, 11:35:52 PM
Okay I have a question I have a ok'd Knight and Hale ol yeller sla-tek in the green composite what is it made out of ceramic? I have seen people say it is ceramic others say slate.
The yellow surface in the K&H ol'yeller we know as ceramic is actually a layer of two materials.   The ceramic surface is thin and Is set on a green silica computer board material.  It is not at all like the ceramic surfaces used currently. 

As for the green material used in the pot.  It's a molded plastic.