OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your choice of Aluminum

Started by StruttinGobbler3, April 18, 2021, 06:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Just wondering what everybody's favorite aluminum pot call is. I've played with a few and only liked one, a lightsout green anodized aluminum. Never should have sold it. Anyway, I don't care for raw aluminum, too unforgiving. What are your preferences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

3bailey3

Gobble Nole

X2 on the Lights Out Anodized call.  It is my go to call.  Has made many a gobbler make a bad decision. 

I will order another call this summer for my sons birthday...

bbcoach

Darrin Dawkins Stoned Aluminum in acrylic pot.  The stoned aluminum really bites with the Dymondwood striker that comes with it.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: bbcoach on April 19, 2021, 10:42:17 AM
Darrin Dawkins Stoned Aluminum in acrylic pot.  The stoned aluminum really bites with the Dymondwood striker that comes with it.
X2

Anodized, blasted aluminum is also and option. 
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

turkeywhisperer935

I know it's not the most expensive but I've had a ton of luck with primos alumislate. Can't count how many birds I've shot with that call. I use the acrylic Stryker it came with and it works well for me. First call I pull out every morning.

greencop01

Al Hobart,of Enticer Turkey Calls has an aluminum pot made of Corian, and its a screamer. My meat call, gobblers love it.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Chris O

I love the sound of all the different aluminum's but I think the green grips the best. Gooserbat's high standard aluminum seems like it's a blasted aluminum that grips very well also

grayfox

Plain raw aluminum is my favorite.

stinkpickle

Another vote for Lights Out anodized aluminum.  Paired with a purpleheart striker, it's probably involved in 80%+ of my calling.  I like it that much.

Tom007

Brad Roberts Raw Aluminum in walnut pot......
"Solo hunter"

Easy81

Quote from: greencop01 on April 20, 2021, 08:47:30 PM
Al Hobart,of Enticer Turkey Calls has an aluminum pot made of Corian, and its a screamer. My meat call, gobblers love it.
X2 !

West Augusta

This year I've been using ProfessorWingbone's Fred Cox  raw aluminum in a corian pot.  It's about half the thickness of a normal pot but has all the volume if needed.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Bennett

saltysenior

never use an aluminum pot any more, but my Winco AXHB 24 served me well... :funnyturkey: