OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

President Jimmy Carter + Georgia Gobblers.

Started by quavers59, April 18, 2021, 10:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

I bet former President  Jimmy Carter is back in the Turkey Woods after that bad Fall he took almost 2 years back.
   He probably  takes his 3 Gobbler limit each Spring. Wonder what Calls he uses down in Plains Georgia?

Greg Massey

I just hope he's a better turkey hunter than he was as president. Not a fan of his at all.. But i do wish him well in the turkey woods..

Yoder409

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 18, 2021, 10:18:12 AM
I just hope he's a better turkey hunter than he was as president. Not a fan of his at all.. But i do wish him well in the turkey woods..

^^^^^

This.

EXACTLY this.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

RutnNStrutn

Exactly!!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Gooserbat

He's a good ambassador for the sport even though he wasn't a great president.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Yoteduster

He is a good ambassador to our sport slot of dems hold him in high regard

RiverBuck

10 bucks says his secret service body guard calls in his bird, shotgun sits on a tripod, and rides a golf cart to the sanctuary spot.

quavers59

Don't  think so riverbuck. He is probably  a old Master full of tricks to Bag a big ol Bird.

RiverBuck

You know how old JC is ?
I feel secure in my $10 wager.

3bailey3

not sure any of y'all remember what 21% interest rate feels like...

quavers59

No way riverbuck. Old Jimmy Carters Calling ability might be equal to yours or better. He might have a short walk to a Honeyhole on his Land where he can work his Calling magic . He probably  has 6 decades+ of calling practice  behind him.

tomstopper

Totally agree with this

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

RiverBuck

Quote from: quavers59 on April 19, 2021, 12:58:52 AM
   No way riverbuck. Old Jimmy Carters Calling ability might be equal to yours or better. He might have a short walk to a Honeyhole on his Land where he can work his Calling magic . He probably  has 6 decades+ of calling practice  behind him.

Hey look, I'm not discounting the man's skills and I too hope he finds success but come on... He's 96 years old.
That's a 9 with a 6.
I'm gonna hold steady at $10.00 and honestly doubt he makes it in the woods this season.

-Standing by for a 2021 JC kill shot.

WildTigerTrout

I was in the U.S. Army when he was president.  IMO he was a horrible president.  Botched the Iran Hostage Crisis.  My unit was on alert ready to go(I was Infantry and stationed in Alaska at the time) to Iran.  He decided not to send conventional troops and sent Delta Force instead.  We all know how that went. I also remember those high interest rates and the long lines at gas stations! Glad when Ronald Reagan became president.

He is supposed to be a decent fly fisherman too. Not to sure about that either.  He fished Spruce Creek here in Pennsylvania on private water with stocked pellet head trout that anybody could catch.  More than likely the same could be said for his turkey hunting skills.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

the Ward

Don't let him fool you, he isn't out turkey hunting, he is out looking for that rabbit........