turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Few Recently Added Items

Started by Sir-diealot, April 17, 2021, 10:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

A few items I have added to the collection and the library.

Custom Colonial Chestnut Dymondwood Turkey Call Striker

Tom Gaskins Turkey Call. Thanks for the suggestion Greg Massey. I did not realize what an interesting man he was, I found this video on him, sad to see his lives work left to rot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkDShH5Z77I

Knight & Hale: Ultimate Fighting Purr Have been wanting one of these for a while, finally bought one.

SS Parquet Sapele/Yellow Cedar Box with Holly soundboard

David Metcalf scratchers. Cherry and Cedar. One is numbered 13 of 50 made.

Ernie Fetters Scratch Box with 2 Strikers

R.A. Dunfee Chattahoochee Chatterbox with live edge.

Primos The Truth 16 forgot how much I like this series, it is what got me into turkey hunting in the first place.

And some books, really looking forward to reading the biology one in particular, I really do enjoy biology.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Meleagris gallopavo

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

ChesterCopperpot

Love that Chatterbox and Gaskins!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on April 18, 2021, 08:51:37 AM
Very nice!

Thank you.

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 18, 2021, 09:22:17 AM
Love that Chatterbox and Gaskins!

Really like scratch boxes in all their forms. The Gaskins I guess you move the striker which is different to how you play most scratch boxes, it is going to take some getting used to.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

3bailey3

Tom007

Nice Stuff  Steve, congrats.....
"Solo hunter"

UNICOI GOLD

Good stuff, thanks for sharing

coyote1

Some good stuff you picked up. That Gaskins is a unique call and all those scratchers should be deadly. Allen and Al are my favorite scratch box makers.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 3bailey3 on April 18, 2021, 07:54:12 PM
Very nice stuff, congrats!

Thanks.

Quote from: UNICOI GOLD on April 28, 2021, 12:05:18 PM
Good stuff, thanks for sharing

Thank you and you're welcome.

Quote from: coyote1 on April 28, 2021, 09:33:12 PM
Some good stuff you picked up. That Gaskins is a unique call and all those scratchers should be deadly. Allen and Al are my favorite scratch box makers.

I have 2 of Allen and Al's scratch boxes now, I want to buy one directly from them before next season as I got these second hand. Yes that Gaskins is different in the way you play if from all other scratch boxes I own.

John Koenig:

ScottTaulbee

The Turkey Hunters book is Fantastic, I've read the "Hunting the American wild Turkey" every year before season since I got it as a kid in 04. It's great too

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on May 03, 2021, 11:20:14 PM
The Turkey Hunters book is Fantastic, I've read the "Hunting the American wild Turkey" every year before season since I got it as a kid in 04. It's great too

I have not taken the plastic off The Turkey Hunters book yet, I am friends with Tess Jolly on Facebook and want to ask her if she will autograph it for me if I send it to her along with the return shipping fee. She took all the photos in the book. I will do the same with the author.

Sent from my S30U+ using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 05, 2021, 11:21:02 AM
Quote from: ScottTaulbee on May 03, 2021, 11:20:14 PM

I have not taken the plastic off The Turkey Hunters book yet, I am friends with Tess Jolly on Facebook and want to ask her if she will autograph it for me if I send it to her along with the return shipping fee. She took all the photos in the book. I will do the same with the author.

Sent from my S30U+ using Tapatalk
That would be awesome. I highly suggest getting the 3 Jim Spencer has written. The Turkey Hunter's Digest, Bad Birds and Bad Birds 2. All 3 fantastic books and he's a great guy

roberthyman14

I got a Gaskins a couple season ago.  I really like it alot.  Definitely my favorite for tree yelping and light calling.   You can get loud if you want but the soft calling on them is great

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

Sir-diealot

Quote from: roberthyman14 on May 08, 2021, 06:22:11 PM
I got a Gaskins a couple season ago.  I really like it alot.  Definitely my favorite for tree yelping and light calling.   You can get loud if you want but the soft calling on them is great

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls
It is a neat call, like I said I have to get used to playing it differently than most scratchers though. Nice to hear about the range it has, thanks.

John Koenig:

3bailey3

Hey Steve are you looking for any more of the Primos older dvd's or vhs?