OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mounting a Red Dot on Benelli M2  (Read 4942 times)

Offline MarkTwain Hunter

Mounting a Red Dot on Benelli M2
« on: April 17, 2021, 07:11:36 PM »
I have an older Benelli M2 without drilled and tapped receiver.  I have a small milling machine, so I can accurately drill and tap the receiver.  Looking at a Burris FastFire red dot and a 40mm long Picatinny mount.  Has any one drilled and tapped an M2 for a red dot?  If so, what mount and hole locations?

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

Re: Mounting a Red Dot on Benelli M2
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 08:53:37 PM »
I have not drilled and tapped but might I suggest looking closely at using the Burris FF Mount for the 336 instead of the pic mount. The 336 mount is lower and cleaner and gets the entire package to sit lower on the gun so you can keep a pretty solid cheek weld. Just a suggestion but if it were mine and I was going to drill and tap....that is the way I would go. DD :OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

Offline greentag

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 09:53:41 PM »
Get you a meadow creek mount,I didn’t think I would like it at first but that’s not the case,I believe I actually like it better out there...then you can not take a chance in drilling the receiver

Offline sasquatch1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 06:32:26 AM »
Get you a meadow creek mount,I didn’t think I would like it at first but that’s not the case,I believe I actually like it better out there...then you can not take a chance in drilling the receiver

This. I have one mounted to receiver on my 870 and o actually think I like the meadow creek more now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline superx2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 05:10:54 PM »
I have an older Benelli M2 without drilled and tapped receiver.  I have a small milling machine, so I can accurately drill and tap the receiver.  Looking at a Burris FastFire red dot and a 40mm long Picatinny mount.  Has any one drilled and tapped an M2 for a red dot?  If so, what mount and hole locations?

I drilled and tapped my receiver on my older model 20 gauge Montefeltro last week installed sumtoy mount for vortex venom no problems at all.

Offline Rolloverdave

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 09:07:29 AM »
Drilled my m2 this year and used a sumtoy mount and vortex Venmo! The reviver is thicker towards the back tear apart Gun and look into the receiver make a line and move the mount back a little bit and drill and tap! You will be fine mine has had no issues and I’m rough on a gun. Get a edge finder and get ur center then lay ur hole pattern out and knock it out. Double check the bolt once installed to make sure screws clear the bolt

Offline tonyzzzz

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 09:27:03 PM »
I mounted a Meadow Creek Rib mount on my M1 90.  Worked out great and has held zero well.  Shot 3 rounds of tea[ with it as well as several hot turkey loads.