turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tagged Out in NC

Started by tomstopper, April 16, 2021, 03:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Finally tagged out in NC. This season was one of the strangest I have had in a long time. Started off with my daughter missing youth opening day because I had my days mixed up (between buying a new house and work changing my schedule, I just lost track of days), then gobblers henned up so bad that she never got a real shot at any (her season is cut short due to work, school work and vacation).

Fast forward to adult opening day and I missed a nice one (haven't missed since 2014), again hens hung them up and others just didn't follow the script, etc.

Hunted for 5 days straight until I finally connected one one and then his buddy the next day. Can't wait for next weekend and off to Ohio to hunt for the first 3 days. Hopefully I will be able to get my daughter back out later in the season so she can get one more chance. Good luck to all who are hunting these birds now or will be soon.

Bird 1: Beard 10 3/4in, 1in spurs, 19.78lbs
Bird 2: Beard 9 1/2in, 3/4in spurs, 16.43lbs

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

nyhunter

JodyPenny

Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randy6471

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

JeffC

Congrats on 2 fine Tom's. Hope your able to get your daughter on another hunt.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Brian Fahs

Congrats.
I'm hunting maryland starting Monday on their opener and then on to ohio next weekend.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Yoteduster

Congrats on two nice gobblers

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on tagging out!!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

NCL

Congratulations on a fine bird

3bailey3

Wrangler95

:z-guntootsmiley:Nice one,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!