OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kentucky

Started by ScottTaulbee, April 12, 2021, 10:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottTaulbee

Any body else on here from KY?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captfire

IAM IN GLASGOW KY (BARREN COUNTY)

Drthorn

KYFrid

I'm in Lex

ScottTaulbee

I'm in Montgomery co myself

Kylongspur88

Originally from the 606 but live just outside of lexington now.

Vintage

Burlington. Boone Co.

old3toe

Muhlenberg county here.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: old3toe on April 16, 2021, 11:36:31 PM
  Muhlenberg county here.
Me and my wife and kids went down to Christian county a few weeks ago for a little weekend trip, you're in god's country, a sportsman's paradise it seemed. I could spend my life savings at uncle Lee's

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: old3toe on April 16, 2021, 11:36:31 PM
  Muhlenberg county here.
I plan to try to get down there come duck season, it seemed like it's the place to be a waterfowler

old3toe

ScottTaulbee it really is gods country. A sportsmans paradise would be determined by which end of the spectrum your on. I grew up hunting and fishing anywhere I wanted to go and had several farms I'd hunted since I was a kid. It all started to change though and by my mid twenties was limited to public land only. Lost all of my personal spots to leases, being sold for hunting, or lost permission due to lack of respect for the landowner by others and destruction of property and other serious damage to the property and or livestock.
   Now all you see is out of staters everywhere I used to go with the money to pay extreme prices and the ability to outbid one another from year to year. My son hasn't known and will not know the freedoms I had growing up in the great outdoors. I regret that but it is what it is I guess. I still love it here none the less.
   Duck and goose hunting can be great hunting here but is always hit and miss from year to year. Normally you can kill some here and there but with our extreme weather pattern fluctuations from year to year can make it tough. It's another thing that has changed over the years. Years gone by this did use to be the place to be for waterfowl but it's kinda like little pockets and certain areas are hit and miss now. Find the right spot at a certain time though and yes it will be awesome.
   Uncle Lee's is nice and will challenge anyone's check book! Haha Did you ever make it to the old Uncle Lee's before they closed and then became Buds/Uncle Lee's? Now that place was awesome!! The new one doesn't hold a candle to the old one. You literally could not go in there without spending money on something! Or on a cart full every visit!! I really hated to see it go. It was twice the size it is now and used to be the grand central station for checking in your deer and turkey harvests while having a hot hardees breakfast. People came from all over to see the harvests, hear stories of "almost" got him, and to catch up on the latest rut and or gobbling activity. It was great!
   They were famous for their big buck and biggest gobbler contests as well. You had some stiff competition in those days for sure. They also had a small corkboard wall with every deer and turkey checked in that year on it. You just had to go by each time there to check out the current leaders and or buddies big kills. Man those were the days!!

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: old3toe on April 17, 2021, 04:35:47 AM
   ScottTaulbee it really is gods country. A sportsmans paradise would be determined by which end of the spectrum your on. I grew up hunting and fishing anywhere I wanted to go and had several farms I'd hunted since I was a kid. It all started to change though and by my mid twenties was limited to public land only. Lost all of my personal spots to leases, being sold for hunting, or lost permission due to lack of respect for the landowner by others and destruction of property and other serious damage to the property and or livestock.
   Now all you see is out of staters everywhere I used to go with the money to pay extreme prices and the ability to outbid one another from year to year. My son hasn't known and will not know the freedoms I had growing up in the great outdoors. I regret that but it is what it is I guess. I still love it here none the less.
   Duck and goose hunting can be great hunting here but is always hit and miss from year to year. Normally you can kill some here and there but with our extreme weather pattern fluctuations from year to year can make it tough. It's another thing that has changed over the years. Years gone by this did use to be the place to be for waterfowl but it's kinda like little pockets and certain areas are hit and miss now. Find the right spot at a certain time though and yes it will be awesome.
   Uncle Lee's is nice and will challenge anyone's check book! Haha Did you ever make it to the old Uncle Lee's before they closed and then became Buds/Uncle Lee's? Now that place was awesome!! The new one doesn't hold a candle to the old one. You literally could not go in there without spending money on something! Or on a cart full every visit!! I really hated to see it go. It was twice the size it is now and used to be the grand central station for checking in your deer and turkey harvests while having a hot hardees breakfast. People came from all over to see the harvests, hear stories of "almost" got him, and to catch up on the latest rut and or gobbling activity. It was great!
   They were famous for their big buck and biggest gobbler contests as well. You had some stiff competition in those days for sure. They also had a small corkboard wall with every deer and turkey checked in that year on it. You just had to go by each time there to check out the current leaders and or buddies big kills. Man those were the days!!
I didn't get the opportunity to see the old one, just the new one I suppose and I know what you mean there, when I was growing up you could knock and anybody's door and go hunt generally, I'll be twenty six this year and I've lost all my private spots due to owners dying, or others sneaking in and destroying property. I've been limited to public land the past 6 or so years myself and it's a shame that my kids will have to start out on public land pressure themselves.