OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Yingling Collection  (Read 3863 times)

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
Re: Yingling Collection
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 09:39:20 PM »
Looking good brother.

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 10:12:52 PM »
Very nice collection, I am a Yingling fan myself!!! Kind of surprised I don’t see a flamed Osage in that arsenal. His walnut calls are always so pretty. Thanks for sharing your collection .
Me too honestly. There’s a couple flamed Boxelder in there. And they’re absolutely beautiful. Couple Blue Mahoe’s as well. Black ash burl. Couple different dyed/stabilized pots. Clearly some cast stuff. Mike’s stuff just works for me man. I think everyone should have at least one of his copper pots if they’re serious about turkeys. His copper is the best I’ve used and I’ve run several. But I feel the same about several of his surfaces. Clearly my opinion is biased though. I just really like his stuff and once I find something that works, it’s hard to deviate from it. Now, if I could just get him to start churning out box calls... haha.

He’ll likely read this and give me a hard time about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2021, 06:28:46 AM »
Very nice collection, I am a Yingling fan myself!!! Kind of surprised I don’t see a flamed Osage in that arsenal. His walnut calls are always so pretty. Thanks for sharing your collection .
Me too honestly. There’s a couple flamed Boxelder in there. And they’re absolutely beautiful. Couple Blue Mahoe’s as well. Black ash burl. Couple different dyed/stabilized pots. Clearly some cast stuff. Mike’s stuff just works for me man. I think everyone should have at least one of his copper pots if they’re serious about turkeys. His copper is the best I’ve used and I’ve run several. But I feel the same about several of his surfaces. Clearly my opinion is biased though. I just really like his stuff and once I find something that works, it’s hard to deviate from it. Now, if I could just get him to start churning out box calls... haha.

I have asked him about a box before also I I think Mike is a pretty busy guy that doesn’t want to spend every last hour of his free time building calls. I couldn’t agree more about his copper calls. I have seen a couple titanium’s he has listed lately and that is one of my favorites of his as well. Someday I will have to dig out what I have of his and post a picture.

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2021, 06:34:54 AM »

I have asked him about a box before also I I think Mike is a pretty busy guy that doesn’t want to spend every last hour of his free time building calls. I couldn’t agree more about his copper calls. I have seen a couple titanium’s he has listed lately and that is one of my favorites of his as well. Someday I will have to dig out what I have of his and post a picture.

I’ve never actually asked him to make a box. I just know that he’s winding down so he can get ready to start turkey hunting. Figured I’d take a quick jab at him while I had the chance. He’s been very good to me as a builder and as a person in general. Really can’t say enough about the fella.

Offline bear hunter

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2021, 08:08:25 PM »
Nice collection thanks for sharing. Mike makes a great grunt call also.

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2021, 06:52:27 AM »
Nice collection thanks for sharing. Mike makes a great grunt call also.
Yes he does. Have a few of those that I keep handy as well.

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2021, 10:33:39 AM »
Well, I’ve tallied things up and it looks like I’ve got a few Yingling calls around. 25 from the looks of it. Few cactus pots. Various woods and surfaces. Still, the stainless steel eludes me. So, if you’re holding onto and want to get rid of it, I’m looking.

I'd say SOMEBODY has a problem..............   :TooFunny:

Gorgeous layout of calls !!!

I just picked up a Yingling padauk/ceramic (from a boy in WV.......you ??) last week.  Haven't monkeyed with it much yet.  Seems to sound decent.  I hunt a walnut slate I made myself.  So the Yingling was more or less a curiosity purchase.  Wanted to see what the talk was all about.......plus, he's a fairly local guy to where I'm at.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2021, 12:13:55 PM »
Well, I’ve tallied things up and it looks like I’ve got a few Yingling calls around. 25 from the looks of it. Few cactus pots. Various woods and surfaces. Still, the stainless steel eludes me. So, if you’re holding onto and want to get rid of it, I’m looking.

I just picked up a Yingling padauk/ceramic (from a boy in WV.......you ??) last week.  Haven't monkeyed with it much yet.  Seems to sound decent.  I hunt a walnut slate I made myself.  So the Yingling was more or less a curiosity purchase.  Wanted to see what the talk was all about.......plus, he's a fairly local guy to where I'm at.
Wasn’t from me. I don’t sell Yingling pots. I’d sell off pretty much everything else I’ve got but not those. I’ve developed too much faith in them to let them go. If the birds get tight lipped, I just switch strikers or to a different surface and can generally get them to talk. They may not always cooperate, I can get them to talk. Matter of fact, birds went quiet yesterday during the youth hunt. We moved about 200 yards and got no response with the diaphragm. Pulled out a crystal and the birds opened right up. Came along pretty quickly after that too. Kid missed but I can’t control that aspect.

Offline knifeshark

• ROOTIN' TOOTIN'.....HIGH FALOOTIN'
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2021, 12:27:37 PM »
WOW ! Very impressive collection!

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2021, 03:38:00 PM »

Wasn’t from me. I don’t sell Yingling pots. I’d sell off pretty much everything else I’ve got but not those. I’ve developed too much faith in them to let them go. If the birds get tight lipped, I just switch strikers or to a different surface and can generally get them to talk. They may not always cooperate, I can get them to talk. Matter of fact, birds went quiet yesterday during the youth hunt. We moved about 200 yards and got no response with the diaphragm. Pulled out a crystal and the birds opened right up. Came along pretty quickly after that too. Kid missed but I can’t control that aspect.

So, I know who to ask first when I'm done monkeying with that call.     :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline RiverBuck

• Custom Hunting Arrows
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2021, 06:13:43 PM »
Thanks for sharing the pics. Cool collection.

Offline M,Yingling

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • In The Hills, PA
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2021, 06:38:06 PM »
Nice  u got more my calls then me lol ,,, i may just have whip u up a stainless some time over the summer to complete that collection,,, good luck    :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
 https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2021, 07:53:57 PM »
Nice  u got more my calls then me lol ,,, i may just have whip u up a stainless some time over the summer to complete that collection,,, good luck    :icon_thumright:
SOLD!!! That’s literally the only thing I’m missing I think. I’m sure I’ll find a different wood combo down the stretch that I’ll get from ya at some point but as far as surfaces go, stainless is the one I’m missing.

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2021, 07:57:59 PM »

So, I know who to ask first when I'm done monkeying with that call.     :icon_thumright:
Yes! So stop playing with it and let me put it to work. I used the blue mahoe double sided call to call a bird in for a young boy Saturday morning. Birds gobbled good on the roost then shut down after fly down. Had a few hens scoot by but no boyfriends in tow. After about 1.5 hours and kids getting antsy, we moved couple hundred yards and I pulled out the pot call. Told them if they didn’t respond, we’d roll out and try another day. 3 yelp’s and he cut me off. Birds came in but the kids missed. Shame but it happens. Now the kid wants my call. I gave him one but it wasn’t a Yingling. lol