OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Yingling Collection

Started by wvmntnhick, April 14, 2021, 08:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Well, I've tallied things up and it looks like I've got a few Yingling calls around. 25 from the looks of it. Few cactus pots. Various woods and surfaces. Still, the stainless steel eludes me. So, if you're holding onto and want to get rid of it, I'm looking.

WV Flopper

Wish I had two of them. You could pay me for one, seems your a motivated buyer! Nice looking calls..

Are you a school teacher?

Greg Massey

wvmntnhick

Quote from: WV Flopper on April 14, 2021, 08:52:12 PM
Wish I had two of them. You could pay me for one, seems your a motivated buyer! Nice looking calls..

Are you a school teacher?
I'm afraid to know how one could figure out the profession based on looking at a call collection. lol

I might be but I'm scared to answer. Never know if it's a former student or an irate parent of a current student. I'll assume our paths have crossed somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Awesome Yingling collection. I have a small handful of cactus pots and are great additions to my inventory.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Dr Juice on April 15, 2021, 05:25:44 AM
Awesome Yingling collection. I have a small handful of cactus pots and are great additions to my inventory.
I've yet to find a "dud." Not real sure what it is about the birds here but they respond very well to the deeper rasp i can get outta the ceramic and aluminum. The call with the yin yang design was a one off and it's been stellar here. Now, when I go back home to hunt, I've found I've got to look at higher pitched stuff. Could be the difference in terrain and the louder, higher pitched stuff carries through the mountains better but it most definitely works. That black surfaced aluminum call and the titanium (run closer to the edge) are great candidates but the crystals have done very well up there. And, while I've confessed to not being much of a slate fan, there's 4 in that photo. And I won't leave home without one of them in the vest/satchel. Even after all the above being said, I generally grab the brass surface as my second choice. Between that and the slate, I can generally make it work.

Pluffmud

Sweet. I got 4 from him this year. 2 coppers, a green slate and a glass. The slate runs very easy and is just a beautiful call. But for whatever reason, the birds absolutely love the glass. Still waiting for a less windy day around here so i can effectively run the copper pots. At least tonmy ears, the coppers are a great call. Very distinct high pitched front note, that almost seemlessly rolls into low raspy bottom end. As long as he makes calls, Ill make orders.
Psalm 46:10

Tom007

Nice collection, he makes great calls...
"Solo hunter"

bobk

GobbleGitr

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

wvmntnhick

I like them. But it dawned on me. There's 3 missing that are still in my vest. Gotta get them in the photo. lol

Beards and Hooks

Nice collection of Mike's calls

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on April 16, 2021, 05:37:36 PM
Nice collection of Mike's calls

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
Thanks. I went through my other vest today. Had another slate, the brass call that's put in plenty of work and my other ceramic. Brings the total to 28. Not that I've got an addiction or anything. These things just seem to work on birds here. Actually, I've found that I use certain calls where I live right now and swap to others when I'm headed back home.

Mike's slates, ceramic and the brass doors very well here. Back home, and it might be a terrain thing, I've found that the higher pitch of the copper, glass and crystal seem to get it done for me. I still carry one of his slates (and if you know me, I don't particularly like slate calls so that's saying something) and that odd looking Yin/Yang aluminum most everywhere. Mike didn't like that particular call. I think if he'd given it a bit, he could've sold a pile of them. That thing has been stellar. The difference from one side to another gives me plenty of variance and I can generally get a bird going with it.

Push comes to shove, I'll take one of the skates and that aluminum. But thankfully, I don't have to limit myself other than wanting to cut the weight and go light. I haven't found a dud in the bunch. Very pleased with them all. Thanks to those that have taken the time to look and comment.

Chris O

Very nice collection, I am a Yingling fan myself!!! Kind of surprised I don't see a flamed Osage in that arsenal. His walnut calls are always so pretty. Thanks for sharing your collection .