News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional Saturday May 28,2011 "Salvation Secure?"

Started by mmims, May 27, 2011, 10:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmims

Salvation Secure?

Romans 8:38-39  38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Bible repeatedly assures us both logically and in plain English that nothing can come between us and Christ; our salvation is a gift that cannot be lost.

You usually hear it said, "once saved always saved". This has been the source for debate and argument for as long as the Church has been in existence.

Truth is, Salvation is from God, we don't earn it, we certainly can't keep it.  If one could lose their Salvation then there would have to be a certain line, a place in your Spiritual life that you would have to say, If you cross that line you are no longer saved. Such a Theology is nowhere to be found in Scripture.

Actually the opposite is true....
Hebrews 6:4-6   4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen[a] away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

If we could lose our Salvation we could never be saved again. Christ would have to return again and be Crucified all over again.

If you are never truly saved, you are truly lost, but if you are truly saved, you are never lost. Jesus spoke these words: "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand." (John 10:28-29) Rejoice, God Is In Control, yes even of your Security.

Bro. Mike

Roostem33

Very Good devotional Mike!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer

BOFF

What a comfort brother Mike, to know we are safely in our Father's hand!!

Thanks for the Word!!

God Bless,
David B.