OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: NewGuy Drops out  (Read 2494 times)

Offline shaman

• Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries
NewGuy Drops out
« on: April 13, 2021, 08:47:47 AM »
Well, drat!  I had just about given up hope on my own, but the NewGuy AKA Remnar who was supposed to come to turkey camp this year has bowed out.  I talked to him;  he got tied up with work and did not make it out for pre-season tutelage, and now he's decided to quit his job.  He'll be scurrying about getting ready to start a new job just as season starts.

That's a shame. I haven't had a new apprentice since 2009.  Remnar was prime newbie material. He's never hunted turkey and sounded highly motivated over the winter.  He's still interested, and said he's making sure the next job he gets will give him weekends off.

We may have him out later in the season so he can sit in the blind and get a feel for things.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
Re: NewGuy Drops out
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 08:11:48 PM »
If your looking for a replacement sign me up. I can ask a million questions, sound like a retarded goose on a turkey call, prolly point at the turkey as it approaches and say "there he is!" Some say I do it so well it almost seems natural. On the off chance I do kill a turkey you can rest assured it was the very weakest link in your flock and they will be better off for it in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline shaman

• Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 04:04:48 AM »
You sound much too experienced for me.   :-\

On my first successful hunt, the guide kept hissing "Shoot!  Shoot!"  My glasses had fogged; I couldn't see the wretched bird.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 08:02:14 AM »
You sound much too experienced for me.   :-\

On my first successful hunt, the guide kept hissing "Shoot!  Shoot!"  My glasses had fogged; I couldn't see the wretched bird.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club