OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Small, Mini or Youth Frame Mouth Calls

Started by larry9988, April 12, 2021, 01:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry9988

Any suggestions of a maker or any makers on OG that make small frame youth size mouth calls in a Ghost cut, modified V or Old Boss Hen style cut?

Meleagris gallopavo

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

bbcoach

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on April 13, 2021, 11:38:47 AM
I'd look at Hooks.
I have a small palate so I use the Hooks Diaphragms as well.  Scott makes them with the small tape so you don't have to trim them.  If you want bigger tape he will make them as well, all you have to do is request the large tape when ordering.

larry9988

I see they have several small frame calls but not in the cuts I can play. I have a center of tongue channel of air.

bbcoach

Give Scott a call.  He will be happy to answer any questions you may have.  Be prepared to talk turkey for awhile though.  Great Guy!

With your center air, he will probably recommend a V cut or Batwing.  His Executioner is easy to run.  He'll fix you up.

larry9988

Thanks bbcoach, I will call him. I have a very good Hooks zebrawood glass call and a plastic pot slate from them that is an absolute killer.

G-dub

https://legacycalls.com/
I have a similar issue with needing a smaller frame call.  Legacy calls are the only ones I use

coyote1

I will second everyone else. Hooks and legacy both make great small frames. Legacy lost legacy is a good ghost cut and hooks Jr. Duplicator batwing & Jr. Manipulator should work with your airflow. Scott will get you setup, great guy to deal with.

larry9988

Thanks for the replies, they have been very helpful.